Friday, July 2, 2021

Friday Memes: Concrete Evidence by Rachel Grant

 Happy Friday everybody!

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
He arrived at Regina Guerrero's house at the usual time. As he walked up the front path, he waved to her son, Ricky, who played in the yard. The four-year-old grinned, his wide brown eyes the only part of his face not covered in dirt. Gina needed to take better care of that kid.
Friday 56:
She stared at the flies. "Go away, Jake."

He left, and the police officers went with him. She was alone, locked in a cell without food, and they hadn't given her water since midday. The Mexican summer heat was unbearable. She no longer cared about food. She just wanted water.
This week I am spotlighting Concrete Evidence by Rachel Grant. The Kindle copy was free and the Audible copy was included in my membership. Here is the description from Amazon:
She wants revenge. He wants her.

Blackballed from underwater archaeology after accusations of artifact trafficking, Erica Kesling has a new job and a new life on the other side of the country and is working to clear her name. She's closing in on her goal when she's distracted by a sexy, charismatic intern who makes her want something other than revenge.

But Lee Scott is no intern. He's looking for the lead conspirator in an international artifact smuggling scheme, and Erica is his prime suspect. He'll do whatever it takes to win her trust and get her to reveal her secrets, even seduce her.

8 comments:

  1. Great excerpts and blurb! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “SURVIVE THE NIGHT”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like this one is full of suspense. I like that. And a little steamy, too! Hope you enjoy the read, and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is she locked in a jail in Mexico? I am intrigued. My Friday quotes are here

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, I hope he comes around. It sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds complicated and good reading. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy it and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds fun! I imagine this one would be hard to put down. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!