Monday, July 5, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (July 5, 2021)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was a quiet week. Our weather has been pretty nice - sunny and warm. Our central air conditioning is doing a good job of keeping things comfortable. The next couple of days are supposed to top out in the 90s but I don't have to go out in the heat. We got our most recent power bill and were unsurprised that we made more power than we used. We are building up our cushion for winter. February was the last month when we actually had to pay. 

This week saw the arrival of two review books that seem to have a long enough lead time since they are being published August 10 and August 17, but I'm far enough ahead that I had to rearrange my calendar and scheduled posts. Now I have ten posts already scheduled for August and ten posts already scheduled for September. Books I'm reading now that are already on my calendar are scheduled for August posts. Books I throw in will be reviewed, if I decide to review them, in September. It's not hard to get ahead when posting 4 review a week but reading 7 books a week. 

June Report

I read 33 books in June including 15 audiobooks and 11 review books. Total pages this month were 11,859.

I added 56 books to my collection in June. I got 27 new audiobooks mostly with their associated Kindle book. I also got 10 new Review books. 44 of my new arrivals are still marked TBR.

My current TBR pile consisting of print books, Kindle books, and audiobooks totals 2339. I did go through some of the physical books and take some off the pile this past month. I should do more since I have a number I am no longer interested in reading. It would help if I had somewhere to donate the ones I don't want. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Paper & Blood by Kevin Hearne (Review; August 10) -- This second-in-a-series urban fantasy stars a sigil agent who needs to travel from his home in Scotland to Australia when some of his fellow agents go missing. Lots of witty banter and great characters. My review will be posted on August 4.
  • Murder At Morrington Hall by Clara McKenna (Mine) -- This was a fun historical mystery set in 1905 and stars a young American woman who comes to England to marry into the aristocracy. My review will be posted on September 18.
  • The Mystery Woman by Amanda Quick (Mine; Audiobook) -- This was another fun story that combines Paranormal Romance and Historical Mystery. Great characters and witty banter. My review will be posted on September 16.
  • Evil Dark by Justin Gustainis (The paperback has been on my stack for about 10 years, but I read the Kindle and listened to the audiobook) -- This is a hard-boiled mystery set in a world with witches, vampires and fanatical humans. My review will be posted on August 14.
  • The Whispered Word by Ellery Adams (Kindle and Audiobook) -- This cozy mystery is perfect for booklovers. Former librarian turned bookstore owner and three friends come to the aid of a young woman hiding in her bookstore. Lots of references to books and reading. My review will be posted on August 12.
  • Cast in Oblivion by Michelle Sagara (Mine; Reread) -- 14th Chronicles of Elantra sees all the politics around the Cohort taking their Test of Names to become members of the Barrani High Court. I first read and reviewed this one in 2019.
  • Cast in Wisdom by Michelle Sagara (Mine; Reread) -- 15th Chronicles of Elantra has Kaylin exploring the borders between fiefs and discovering an ancient lost Academy that existed before the fall of Ravelon and the rise of the towers. I read and reviewed this one in 2020.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Kindle
Audiobooks (& Kindle)
Review
What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. Those are new to me ones. I hope you enjoy your reads for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking books.
    I also look forward to THE FAMILY PLOT.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 33 books in June? Amazing...congrats!!

    I hope you enjoy THE FAMILY PLOT...it was a good read for me.

    Have a great week, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 33 books in one month is remarkable! I wonder if I will ever read more in the Chronicles of Elantra series. There are just so many books and series I can focus on. And you actually do re-reads!
    The Murphy cozies look good.
    Thanks for tipping me on The Keepers last week - I look forward to reading it.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you had a great reading month in June! You are so organized. I have to get my reviews organized. Your books all look great. Enjoy and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You audios look so colorful and fun; your books so ominous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your weather has been good. It has been nice here on vacation. At home they have had nothing but storms and rain.

    Your reading and how organized you are at keeping it all together continues to amaze me.

    Murder at Morrington Hall and The Family Plot caught my eye. Hope you enjoy all your books. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm most of these are new authors to me - great looking picks though! And those are great stats for June!! Hope July is another great month for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been pleasant here but we got hot today. that's nice you guys are building up a little power cushion...

    The Eyes of the Forest looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow! It's great that you can schedule ahead that many posts. Eyes of the Forest looks good. I'll have to check it out. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We all should be doing what you do with solar panels, I think. I wonder if it would help with power blackouts, too.

    I love that you have scheduled your posts so far ahead. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather has been hot here too, in the 90's some days.
    I have not read any of those books. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, I wish I was half as organized as you are with review books! I'm so desperately behind on review copies, and writing reviews! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!