Thursday, October 7, 2021

Book & Audio Review: Last Dragon Standing by Rachel Aaron

Last Dragon Standing

Author:
Rachel Aaron
Narrator: Vikas Adam
Series: Heartstrikers (Book 5)
Publication: Audible Studios (March 1, 2018); Aaron/Bach (March 1, 2018)
Length: 13 hours and 12 minutes; 319 p.

Description: Dear Reader,

There is no way to write a blurb for this final book without spoiling all of the others. Suffice it to say, mysteries resolve, dragons war, pigeons abound, and no one is safe as Bob’s grand plan finally comes to fruition.

But the Great Seer of the Heartstrikers isn’t the only one whose schemes are nearing completion. The Nameless End is coming, and even the machinations of the world’s most brilliant dragon seer might not be enough to stop it. As everything comes crashing down, it’s up to Julius to prove what he’s always known: that seers can be wrong, and Nice Dragons don’t always finish last.

My Thoughts: This was the conclusion of the Heartstrikers series. Battles are fought, enemies are vanquished, costs are paid, and events resolve.

All the events Bob has been working on for a thousand years come to their final resolution in this episode. But even Bob, who can see the future, is surprised at the choices his lynchpin Julius makes. 

The story was filled with action and unlikely allies making bold choices for the common good. 

As a fan of the Heartstrikers series, I was completely satisfied with the way this story worked out. Since I had read the D. F. Z. series before this one, I was really intrigued to find out the history of that world in this series. 

This was entertaining urban fantasy and Vikas Adam did a great job of narrating it. 

Favorite Quote:
"I know you, Julius. I don't have to see the future to know that so long as there's the tiniest chance of making this work, you'll find it. And if you don't, we'll all be dead, so I'll never know I was wrong. It's called being an optimist."
I bought this one. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!