Monday, January 10, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (January 10, 2022)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...
This has been a typical Minnesota winter week. We had some snow and some really cold weather. My car now has a battery saver but I haven't taken it out of the garage yet. I had a prescription to pick up but my brother drove me, and we did some grocery shopping while we were out.

This week's plans include making a batch of Split Pea Soup. Otherwise, my schedule is wide open and I'm content to stay home and read. 

I got an email with my annual statistics from Audible and was surprised that I added 225 titles in 2021. 
Also...
This year looks like it will be another big year for audiobooks since I'm already listening to my fifth of 2022.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Live, Local, and Dead by Nikki Knight (Review; February 8) - Entertaining mystery set in rural Vermont where the main character owns a radio station and is having trouble with extremist syndicated shows. My review will be posted on February 1.
  • L. A. Burning by D. C. Taylor (Review; February 8) - Cody Bonner gets out of prison determined to discover who murder her twin Julie. Fast-paced, dark and filled with Hollywood secrets. My review will be posted on February 2.
  • The Body Counter by Anne Frasier (Mine since November 24, 2021) - The second Jude Fontaine thriller concerns a group of killers who are slashing throats and posing their victims. My review will be posted on February 10.
  • The Librarian Always Rings Twice by Marty Wingate (Review; January 4) - Engaging cozy mystery that is third in a series. My review will be posted on January 11. 
  • The Body Keeper by Anne Frasier (Mine since Nov. 24, 2021) - The conclusion of the Jude Fontaine trilogy was another excellent thriller. My review will be posted on February 17.
  • Behind the Lie by Emilya Naymark (Review; February 8) - Excellent thriller with complex characters told from two viewpoints. My review will be posted on February 3.
  • Southern Comfort by Fern Michaels (Kindle and audiobook; mine since February 3, 2021) - A 'just okay' audiobook having problems with both the narrator and the dialog the narrator had to work with. My review will be posted on February 12.
  • The Wrong Woman by Leanne Kale Sparks (Review; February 8) - Engaging thriller with a fast-paced plot, lots of emotion, and great characters. My review will be posted on February 5.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
  • Her Last Word by Mary Burton (Kindle and Audiobook for $1.99 each)
  • Burn You Twice by Mary Burton (Kindle and Audiobook for $1.99 each)
  • Don't Look Now by Mary Burton (Kindle and Audiobook. Kindle was $2.99 and Audiobook was $1.99)
  • Play Dead by Anne Frasier (Audiobook) - I already own the Kindle and the audiobook was only $1.99.
  • A Swift and Savage Tide by Chloe Neill (Kindle) -- I read this as an eARC then I got a $5 off coupon for the Kindle book at Amazon.
  • The Very Best of the Best by Gardner Dozois (Kindle) - BookBub for $1.99
What was your week like?

17 comments:

  1. wow, so many books!
    Funny to see A Three Body Problem. I just finished reading he famous scifi THE Three-Body Problem.
    It looks like I may read more scifi this year.
    I love your binge reading stats! Impressive.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stats say you like fantasy books a lot. Mine are psych thrillers at the moment, or lighter books in French. Have fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you were able to get the battery saver and I hope it helps! Live, Local, and Dead looks so good. I want to read that one. You have some great sounding books coming up! I really need to catch up with the Raybourn series. I love her books. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It got cold toward the end of last week and we wound up with snow and freezing rain. It is supposed to be bitter tomorrow. At least my meetings will be virtual tomorrow.

    I am so impressed with all you read. Live, Local, and Dead along with The Librarian Always Rang Twice caught my eye this week. An Impossible Imposter still sounds good, too.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your books look so good. A few of them I want to add to my TBR. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audiobooks have been such a great resource for so many people lately, I think. I'm glad you are getting to experience a lot of them.

    Stay warm and enjoy that Split Pea Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great books. I sadly just finished my first audiobook of the year...but considering I never listened to them until August of last year, I am already ahead of last year ;) LOL. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice lineup! Mostly new to me reads here but I hope you enjoy them all this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I though I listened to a lot of audiobooks, but can't compare with your stats - Wow!! Hope you stay warm up there this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to Deepest of Secrets. And we had snow too. What a week! The soup sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm super impressed with your listening stats! And that temperature spread. I can't even imagine.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your audible stats are interesting, thanks for sharing
    The Agatha’s looks interesting.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  13. I listen to a lot of audiobooks, but don't use Audible, so I don't have stats to compare! I just sent you a friend request on LibraryThing. I mostly use it for keeping records of my reading; I used to post reviews and engage more with the community, but I haven't been good about that in some time.
    I like the sound of the Marty Wingate books, because I'm a sucker for librarian characters! I'm reading a fantasy series about Hell's Library that you might like, if you haven't already read it!
    https://baystatera.com/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-1-10-22/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would hunker down if it got to 20 degrees, much less below zero!
    Thanks for sharing your Audible Stats. I went and found mine. :-)
    The Frasier trilogy sounds like one I would like. And you have some good looking cozies.
    Have a good week, stay warm, and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great array of books. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are some impressive audio stats! I must have a look to see if I got that email. To be fair, I haven't listened to a lot in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like some good audio stats! And some really great authors getting books reviewed next week! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!