Friday, July 15, 2022

Friday Memes: Brotherhood in Death by J. D. Robb

 Happy Friday everybody!

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Loyalty to the dead had him traveling to SoHo in icy rain rather than heading home. At home he could have put up his feet -- tired today, he admitted. He'd have enjoyed a cozy fire, a good book, and a small glass of whiskey while waiting for his wife to get home.
Friday 56:
"I'll be stripping off the uniform as soon as the ceremony's over."

"I really hate to miss that."
This week I am spotlighting a reread. Brotherhood in Death by J. D. Robb is the 42nd in the In Death series starring Eve Dallas and Roarke. It was published, and I read it first, in 2016. I chose to read this one again because a Facebook group was discussing it and posting intriguing quotes. It made me want to read the story again.

Here is the description from Amazon:
In this thrilling novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series, Lieutenant Eve Dallas finds herself in the middle of a conspiracy when she investigates the disappearance of a former U.S. Senator.
 
Just as Dennis Mira is about to confront his cousin Edward about selling the West Village brownstone that belonged to their grandfather, he gets a shock: Edward is in front of him, bruised and bloody...and then everything goes black.
 
When Dennis comes to, Edward is gone. Luckily Dennis’s wife is a top profiler for the NYPSD—and a close colleague of Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Now Eve is determined to uncover the secrets of Edward Mira and learn what enemies he may have made in his long career as a lawyer, judge, and senator. A badge and a billionaire husband can get you access to places others can’t go, and Eve intends to shine some light on the dirty deals and dark motives behind the disappearance of a powerful man, the family discord over a multimillion-dollar piece of real estate...and a new case that no one saw coming.

5 comments:

  1. I've read #1 and #43. This will be on my radar eventually lol. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I haven't heard of this series.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/15/friday-56-paris-for-one-by-jojo-moyes/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those excerpts! I want to read more. Here's mine: “THE IT GIRL”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read all the J. D. Robb books - they sound interesting. I need more hours in my day for reading! Thanks for sharing.

    Stop by and see what I'm reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!