Monday, September 5, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 5, 2022)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

Happy Labor Day! It's the official end of summer which showed in cooler weather this week but lots of nice sunshine. Kids here in Minnesota go back to school on Tuesday. My teacher friends have been (officially) prepping this week. I'm still really glad that I'm retired.

This week was pretty quiet. I did have a doctor's appointment on Thursday for lab work. I took advantage of being away from my house to stock up on my sort of groceries while I was out. My brother does most of the grocery shopping, and he'll buy whatever I put on the list, but I like to wander around the grocery store and get interesting things too. 

I did my monthly State of the Stack post which mostly confirmed that I have a lot of books to read for October release. I did read two of them this week already. Only thirteen to go. I also caught up on posting reviews on Amazon this week.

I received a late addition to my September review books and enjoyed it this week too. Now, I'm looking forward to the next In Death novel by J. D. Robb which will download to my Kindle late Monday night or early Tuesday morning. I intend to read it as soon as it shows up. I left a spot for it on my September calendar.

I started setting up posts for books on my October calendar and will probably flesh them out while watching my Braves game today. 

This coming week should be quiet. I have a dentist's appointment on Tuesday which was postponed from six months ago when I was in the middle of a cough that just wouldn't go away. Otherwise, the week is empty of appointments. 

August Reading Report

I read 32 books in August with a total page count of 10,247 pages. Twenty-one of them were mine and included two from my 2008 collection, three rereads, and 11 audiobooks. I also read 10 books from my review stack. Thus far in 2022, I've read 257 books with a shade over 90,000 pages. Included in my 2022 reading are 121 audiobooks. I've reread 68 books. Thus far, I've read 97 from my review stack.

In August I added 37 books to my LibraryThing account including 17 review books. Twenty-seven of August's books are still on the TBR pile. Seven of my new additions are Kindle copies of books I already own in print or keeper copies of books I reviewed and want to read again. I added only three audiobooks including a deal from Chirp and one of my banked Audible credits. It was cheaper to buy the third audiobook rather than use a credit because I already owned the Kindle copy.

Thus far in 2022, I've added 358 books to LibraryThing with 168 remaining on the TBR pile. My To Read collection which includes print books, Kindle books (1957), and Review copies (38) adds up to 2432. I still have four on my Added in 2008 collection that are unread. Three of the four are on my September reading calendar. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • When We Met by Susan Mallery (Mine) -- Another romance from the Fool's Gold series. This is Taryn and Angel's story. Entertaining. My review will be posted on September 21.
  • Because I Could Not Stop for Death by Amanda Flower (Review; September 20) -- A rather slow-paced mystery starring Emily Dickinson and her maid. My review will be posted on September 14.
  • A Justified Murder by Jude Deveraux (Mine; Audiobook) -- An entertaining mystery but a disappointment as an audiobook. Not enough variety in voices for me to keep the characters straight. My review will be posted on September 22.
  • Devouring Darkness by Chloe Neill (Review; September 20) -- Next in the Heirs of Chicagoland urban fantasy series was entertaining. My review will be posted on September 20.
  • The Recovery Agent by Janet Evanovich (Mine) -- First in a new series with lots of action and quirky characters. My review will be posted on September 24.
  • A Liaden Universe Constellation Volume 4 by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Mine; Audiobook) -- An assortment of stories from the Liaden Universe. My review will be posted on October 13.
  • Secrets of the Nile by Tasha Alexander (Review; October 4) -- excellent historical mystery in a long-running series. My review will be posted on September 28.
  • It's News to Me by R. G. Belsky (Review; October 4) -- entertaining contemporary mystery starring a television news director who gets more than she was expecting when she investigates the death of a co-ed. My review will be posted on September 27.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
  • Legacy by Nora Roberts (Kindle Daily Deal; Keeper copy since I've already read the eARC)
  • Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz (BookBub; $2.99) -- Kindle copy of a book I own in print
  • A Liaden Universe Constellation Volume 4 by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook since I already own the Kindle)
What was your week like?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I can't wait to read Chloe's next book! I had to pass on the ARC this year since it was digital and I just wasn't feeling it at the offering time. But I'm still excited to read it!

    Hope you enjoy this week's lineup as well!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your numbers. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books. I look forward to seeing what you thought of The Recovery Agent. I've read it already. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been cooling off here too- you can really tell autumn is fast approaching!

    I'm curious about the Tasha Alexander's- I kind of want to get back into that series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been doing great with your reading schedule. So many good-looking cozy mysteries coming up too. Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thirty-two books in August! Wow!
    I'll have to see if we're friends on LibraryThing! I use it instead of GoodReads to track my books and audiobooks, but don't use the social media aspect of LT as much as I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a decent week, and reading month! Hope you enjoyed Devouring Darkness, and enjoy Desperation in Death, Station Eternity, and The Final Gambit! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!