Monday, September 19, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 19, 2022)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a quiet week with lots of reading, lots of baseball games as the season draws to a close, and lots of watching ceremonies surrounding the death of Queen Elizabeth II. Monday, I'll be up early (4:30 AM my time) to watch the funeral services and processions. 

Just when I thought I was getting a handle on my tall stack of October releases, I added two more to the pile. One is a novella, but still... However, nine read and eight to go.

This coming week will be spent catching up on the sleep I'm losing by getting up so very early and reading down my stack of October releases. I also hope to continue listening to my current audiobook. 

I haven't any appointments to take me away from home and likely won't leave the house. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Treachery on Tenth Street by Kate Belli (Review; October 11) -- Another interesting mystery in the Gilded Gotham series. My review will be posted on October 4.
  • The Spare Man by Mary Robinette Kowal (Review; October 11) -- This science fiction mystery takes place on a starship heading to Mars. It has great characters and engaging worldbuilding. My review will be posted on October 4.
  • A Christmas Candy Killing by Christina Romeril (Review; October 11) -- Culinary cozy mystery stars twin sisters who own a bookstore/chocolate store in a small town in Montana. Nice mystery with recipes for more accomplished cooks than I am. My review will be posted on October 5.
  • Blind Faith by Alicia Beckman (Review; October 11) -- Excellent mystery which weaves three or four time periods and three viewpoint characters. I really liked it. My review will be posted on October 6.
  • Canter with a Killer by Amber Camp (Review; October 11) -- Entertaining cozy mystery with a great setting and interesting characters. My review will be posted on October 6.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
  • Fledgling by Molly Harper (Kindle & Audiobook)
  • Calling by Molly Harper (Kindle & Audiobook)
What was your week like?

12 comments:

  1. hope you enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for getting through that October stack! And even as it's getting bigger, you're already halfway there! Otherwise sounds like a good reading week! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books! I need to check The Spare Man!
    You might want to keep the novella to read in November for the Novellas in November event, that will be posted on this blog: https://746books.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting ahead!
    I’d still like to read Highfire.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been watching baseball and some of the Queen coverage, too. I have A Christmas Candy Killing to read. It looks good. I hope you enjoy all your books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to believe baseball season is coming to an end. I'm looking forward to hockey, but it amazes me how quickly the seasons change.

    What a great group of books you have this week. With your October stack, you will beat your goal for the year. Congratulations! Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A couple of these I had to click on to find out more- such a good mix. Been thinking of trying Maisie Dobbs. I've been watching the Queen coverage also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! All new to me ones but I hope you enjoyed and enjoy all your reads from last week and the week ahead!

    Happy Reading!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched a lot of baseball (and college football) while I was with my parents this past week... it was fun. Not much reading though. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many good books read, reading and tbr. :-) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a great reading week and are able to get through some of your October reads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you catch up on sleep and reading, and enjoy the week ahead. Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!