Monday, February 20, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (February 20, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading? is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was another quiet week. I did something unusual this week; I drove my car. After a couple of warm, sunny weeks, the roads were clear of snow and ice. I ventured out only to go to the mall and buy new license tabs for my car. Probably less then 5 miles round trip. But still -- I drove in the winter. With snow forecast for every day this coming week, I won't be driving again for a while. 

Otherwise, I listened to four audiobooks and read four books from my review stack. I'm making good progress on my March releases and should finish up all the March review books this week. 

I took advantage of some deals at BookBub and Amazon and received a surprise gift of a hardcover book from Minotaur. I'd already read and reviewed the eARC. I also got four new review books one of which I had requested months ago.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Bones Under the Ice by Mary Ann Miller (Review; March 21) -- Interesting debut to new series set in a small town in Indiana. The characters were complex and the mystery was too. My review will be posted on March 14.
  • A Tempest at Sea by Sherry Thomas (Review; March 14) -- This is the seventh in the Lady Sherlock historical mystery series. It takes place on a ship sailing from England to points East. Charlotte has to conceal her identity from Moriarty's minions while solving the murder. My review will be posted on March 9.
  • Sinister Magic by Lindsay Buroker (Audiobook; Mine since last May) -- Start of a new urban fantasy series starring a half-elven assassin and featuring all sorts of being including dragons. My review will be posted on March 21.
  • The Raven Thief by Gigi Pandian (Review; March 21) -- Second in the Secret Staircase series. This time Tempest and her crew need to discover who murdered the distasteful author and dropped his body right in the middle of a seance. My review will be posted on March 14.
  • A Mansion for Murder by Frances Brody (Review; March 21) -- 15th in a series of historical murders set in 1930. Interesting characters and a nicely complex mystery. My review will be posted on March 15.
Currently
  • Smolder by Laurell K. Hamilton (Review; March 21)
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

10 comments:

  1. Snow and ice are so dangerous to drive through. It does make for nice reading weather, though :) I'm halfway through Murder Served Neat and, so far, I'm enjoying it. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting to drive! I never drive in snow--but I also live in a part of the world where everything shuts down when it snows, so there is no reason to go anywhere. But, if I lived where you lived, my husband would be very busy chauffeuring me around. Have a great week! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice from Minotaur! I like the look of Sherry Thomas too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice here all of last week. And then it started snowing last night, and it's been going all day and it supposed to be going tomorrow.Bah! I hope you enjoy Smolder! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like driving in the snow and ice either - hopefully we won't get anymore this Winter in Scotland. All you books are new to me authors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outing in the car sounds good. Enjoy your books and your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh nicely done! I loooved Bitten! It was one of my first Urban Fantasy series that I read when it was still fairly newish! Hope you enjoy your reads lined up for the week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had a sunny day today and went for a walk at the park. Don't know how long this fine winter weather will last. Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to take my car for inspection by the end of the month. I'm hoping my husband will take pity on me again and do it for me as he has done the last few years! The Quarry Girls looks good! I think I'll read The Raven Thief, too. I finished The Secret Staircase a while ago, and I guess I'm a little curious about what happens next in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you were able to get out, Kathy, and drive for a bit. I always wonder how people drive in snow and ice. I guess they often don't!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!