Monday, March 4, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 4, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a nice quiet week despite our roller coaster temperatures. It was 0F (I slept through the -5F which was the day's low) when I got up on Wednesday morning. Two days earlier we had a high temperature of 54F. Two days later we reached 54F again. Right now, it is foggy, windy and 39F with heavy rain expected later.  

I have been enjoying watching or listening to Spring Training baseball this week even though it is cutting down on the number of books I can read or listen to. The Voice has been entertaining too. Both activities are in this week's plans too. 

I wrote my monthly State of the Stack post this week which helps me keep track of review books and have only two more review books from my March stack which I plan to read this week. I will have a short window before beginning to read April review copies to read I few from my TBR pile. I am continuing with my In Death rereadathon. I had planned to skip some I had read more recently but decided to read them again for continuity. I am almost finished with book 37 of this currently 58 book series. Book 59 will be released this coming September. 

February Report

I read 35 books in February including 19 audiobooks and 14 Review books. I read 5 books from my TBR pile (books I've had for more than a year). My totals were 11,837 pages and 234.5 hours of listening. As is getting to be the norm, 30 of the books I read were mysteries of one sort or another. 

I had a great month for adding books. I added 30 but 22 of them were review copies. Of course, 27 of my new additions are still on TBR mountain. 

My goal is to buy fewer books since my TBR stack is so overwhelming. I held the line pretty well. I only bought 8 books. Two of those were full price Kindle copies by authors who live on my keeper shelves. One was a hardcover from Amazon Marketplace by a new-to-me author I discovered this month. The rest were Kindle books that I got for $5.00 or less each and most of them were $1.99. I did have to use a lot of my Kindle Reward points to reach the $1.99 prices though. 

Read Last Week
  • Delusion in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
  • The Taken Ones by Jess Lourey (Mine since January 28) -- Domestic thriller that I got from BookBub. Starts a new series. Great characters and an intense plot. My review will be posted on March 9.
  • A Forgotten Kill by Isabella Maldonado (Review; March 26) -- Second in the Dani Vega thriller series. Loved the fast-paced story and the interesting characters. My review will be posted on March 19.
  • The Medici Manuscript by C. J. Archer (Mine since January 28) -- Historical fantasy set in 1920. Second book in a five-book series. Left a lot of plot threads dangling but was an enjoyable story. My review will be posted on March 16.
  • Calculated in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread) 
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. We are at the opposite end with 35 degrees heat. Burning hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep saying our weather is manic. It doesn't know what it wants to do. We can from 30s to almost 70s in a day. You added a lot of great books this week. I am hoping I can get quite a few knocked out in March. We will see. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like calling in to see what you are reading. Just read your review for Speculations in Sin, one of the books I am looking forward to publishing this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family in central NY has been riding the weather roller coaster, too - from 70 degrees to 14" of snow and school closures in just a day! Crazy. Meanwhile we have both the Twins and Red Sox here for spring training... think we're going to a game next week! Good looking books - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Thirty-five books read in the short month of February! Fantastic.

    It's been crazy weather here, too. Almost to 80 and then back down into the 40s!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite the temperature swing! What a great number of books you read in February! Happy Reading and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think our temps took a dramatic dip as well last week. Right now things look like they'll be steady at least!

    Nice lineup of reads for the week! All totally new to me ones but I hope you enjoy them all!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been watching spring training too. Nice to have baseball back. Your books look really good. I have a few of them to read too. Enjoy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG. 35 books!! That's amazing! Audio helps but still! A lot of listening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 35 books are a lot! Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Or weather has been weird as well, but the temperature swings not so bad. You have a ton of great books on your list this week. Hope you enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, the weather. It's weird. But sounds like a great reading month! And mysteries are pretty great! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, how do you read/listen to 35 books? And also find time to review them?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!