Monday, March 11, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 11, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a quiet week filled with reading and watching/listening to my Atlanta Braves Spring Training games. I'm also current on watching The Voice. The weather has been pleasant with lots of sunny days and no snow in the forecast.

I've almost finished the Kris Longknife space opera series. I have the newest still to add to my collection. Chronologically, it would actually be the first in the series since it goes back to Kris joining the Navy and tells how that happened. There are also tons of related series set in the same world which I want to read someday but have so many series that I'm currently reading that I'm holding off on them.

I spent some time this week setting up my April calendar and choosing what I want to read. I chose a number of Kindle books that I've had since 2009 since I have 140 unread books in that collection. I also slotted in the next books in the Andy Carpenter series by David Rosenfelt and the Meg Langslow series by Donna Andrews as I'm slowly trying to read all of the books in those series. 

I added more non-review books to TBR mountain this week than I did all of last month. I have already read one of them. Five others are rereads as they are Kindle or audiobook copies of books I've already read and wanted for "keepers."

This coming week includes an appointment to have my taxes done. Otherwise, the week is mine to use as I wish.

Read Last Week
  • Rhythm and Clues by Olivia Blacke (Review; March 26) -- The third Juni Jessup mystery has Juni trying to figure out who killed the predatory investor who was pressuring Juni and her sisters to let him invest in their business. My review will be posted on March 19.
  • Thankless in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
  • How to Solve Your Own Murder by Kristen Perrin (Review; March 26) -- Interesting mystery told partly through the victim's own journals. My review will be posted on March 20.
  • Concealed in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
  • Off the Air by Christina Estes (Review; March 26) -- Series debut stars an ambitious TV reporter in Phoenix who is competing with other journalists to discover who murdered controversial radio host Larry Lemmon. My review will be posted on March 21.
  • Murder in E Minor by Robert Goldsborough (Audible Plus) -- New adventures begin for Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin when a damsel in distress begs them to help her uncle, an old friend of Nero's. My review will be posted on March 21.
  • Kris Longknife: Indomitable by Mike Shepherd (Mine since 10/13/22) -- Kris is called back home to report to the Emperor and finds herself in the middle of a plot to overthrow him. My review will be posted on March 26.
  • Festive in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
  • Kris Longknife: Stalwart by Mike Shepherd (Mine since 10/13/22) -- Space opera. Kris is off fighting Iteeche rebels and doing her own brand of social engineering on the Iteeche Empire. My review will be posted on March 28.
  • Longknifes Defend the Legation by Mike Shepherd (Newly mine) -- While Kris is away it is up to her great-grandparents Gramma and Grampa Trouble and her children almost-8 Ruth and 6-year-old Johnny to defend the humans and their allies on the Iteeche capital planet. Ruth, Johnny and 28 of their human and Iteeche friends are kidnapped, but Ruth isn't going to quietly wait for rescue. My review will be posted April 11.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:

None

Bought:
  • The Lady Has a Past by Amanda Quick (Kindle, $1.99) -- Keeper copy of a book I reviewed
  • The Lantern's Dance by Laurie R. King (Audiobook Add-on, $7.49) --Audiobook of a book I reviewed
  • Inheritance by Nora Roberts (Kindle, $7.99) -- Keeper copy of a book I reviewed
  • Heartstone by Elle Katharine White (Kindle copy of a print book on my shelf; Kindle Daily Deal, $2.99)
  • Heartstone by Elle Katharine White (Chirp Audiobook, $4.99)
What was your week like?

6 comments:

  1. How to Solve Your Own Murder sounds interesting!

    I loved Legends and Lattes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like Legends & Lattes. It's a fun book. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caught some of the Red Sox spring training while out with the youngest. She was home from college for spring break. Great books this week! How to Solve Your Own Murder and Nosy Neighbors caught my eye. Enjoy your reading week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_0361113059.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE the In Death series of books! I read her latest one this past month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty good week, I'm afraid to look into April's reading, since I have the Orilium readathon, so that's going to be crazy. I loved Heartstone, so if you haven't read it, I hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to reading Rhythm and Clues. It looks so good and I love the series. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!