Monday, March 18, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 18, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was another nice, quiet week filled with reading and listening. Some of the listening included Spring Training baseball with my Atlanta Braves. 

I spent most of Friday waiting for Baen Books to release the eARC for Ribbon Dance by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller. It wasn't released until Saturday morning. I bought it, downloaded it and then had to search for the correct cable to attach my Kindle to my computer and then figure out which file to drop it into on the Kindle. Once all that was done, I spent most of Saturday reading Ribbon Dance. Since it isn't actually being released until June 4, I'll reread it and write the review nearer to the publication date. But I couldn't wait and thoroughly enjoyed the story. 

Today's plans include cooking Corned Beef and Cabbage to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Actually, my brother is doing the cooking, but I found the recipe. After all, one of our great-grandparents was Irish. Of course, everyone is a little bit Irish on St. Patrick's Day. I made Irish Soda bread a couple of days ago to have with our dinner. 

I also made some potato soup this morning because I had leftover mashed potatoes I wanted to repurpose. It was a "clean out the fridge" recipe since it also let me use the last of the celery which was getting a little tired and limp and the last of a bag of carrots. It was tasty and there are leftovers. I love Google where you can search for "leftover mashed potato soup" and find a good recipe. 

Next week has a couple of medical appointments including my annual mammogram and my yearly wellness visit with my primary care doctor. While the weather will be cooler than last week, no measurable snow is in the forecast. I'll be able to drive myself to my appointments. 

My reading next week with give me a break from review books too. I'll be reading a couple of books that have been on TBR mountain since 2009 and also reading a couple of books in two of my on-going series. I'll try to fit in another In Death audiobook too.  

Read Last Week
  • A Relative Murder by Jude Deveraux (Mine since 12/7/2022) --The fourth Medlar Mystery is filled with family secrets that are now revealed. My review will be posted on March 27.
  • Devoted in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
  • Brotherhood in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
  • Nosy Neighbors by Freya Sampson (Review; April 2) -- Quiet mystery about two very different women who need to work together to save their apartment building from developers. My review will be posted on April 2.
  • Ribbon Dance by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Review; June 4) -- Quick read of the newest Liaden Universe book. I'll read it again and write a review before its June 4 release.
  • The Poison Pen by Paige Shelton (Review; April 9) -- Ninth Scottish Bookshop Mystery mostly concerns a newly discovered crusader sword but also deals with a woman who might be the illegitimate daughter of Edward VIII. My review will be posted on April 3.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

6 comments:

  1. The potato soup sounds delightful, when's dinner? 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh over google and the potato soup. I have Legends and Lattes coming at some point from the library. And of course I have pre ordered Archangel's Lineage. I have one Irish grandfather but he grew up in Australia so my two great grandparents are both Irish. Yes so many of us have the Irish in our genealogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice lineup! I remember loving Three Days to Dead! I think I still need to read the last book of that series. It's been soooo long! Eek, I am so behind! Lol. Hope you enjoy all the reads for the week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean out the refrigerator days sound like fun. Great books this week. A Relative Murder caught my eye. Hope you have a fabulous week. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for ARC reading! And for using up the food! Hope the appointments go smoothly! And yeah for In Death series! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like using leftovers in innovative ways too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!