Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2011 Futuristic/SF Challenge

As this year winds to an end, I have been thinking about challenges for 2011. At first, I was determined not to sign up for any challenges. I wanted to be free to read by impulse and mood and not feel that I had to read something to add to a certain challenge that I had committed to. But, when I saw this challenge, I was very interested in it. This year I read some books in this category and didn't have a challenge that they would fit in.


I am going to be participating in the 2011 Futuristic/SF Challenge hosted by Tasha at Book Obsessed. I am going for the Dweller level and planning to read at least 12 futuristic or science fiction books. 


Here is what Tasha says about her challenge:
The goal of this challenge is to read novels that take place in the future or on an alternate planet. Your books can be of any format (ie. paperback, ebook, audiobook, etc.). No short stories. Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine. You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them.
This might give me a chance to go through my TBR mountain and pull out some of the science fiction that I seem to have been stockpiling for just such a challenge. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Kathy! I am like you though--bound and determined not to overdo it on challenges this year. Of course, I have already signed up for a few. UGH

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!