Monday, November 1, 2010

October Reading Report

Considering that I was sick with bronchitis for a good part of the month, I think I did all right. It felt to me that I wasn't getting any time to read. But maybe that is because so many books were added to the TBR stack compared to the number removed from it.


I read 24 books and 6471 pages. Here are the titles and kinds of books I read (Clicking on the title will take you to my review):


Middle Grade Books
Radiance by Alyson Noel
Selling Hope by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb
Spaceheadz by Jon Scieszka
The Tweenage Guide to Not Being Unpopular by Jimmy Gormley
The Case of the Case of Mistaken Identity by Mac Barnett
We the Children by Andrew Clements
Nightmare at the Book Fair by Dan Gutman (The review is scheduled for 11/2)


Young Adult Books
Plain Kate by Erin Bow
Matched by Ally Condie
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Minder by Kate Kaynak (I'll be posting this review on Thursday.)


Adult Books
Alpha by Rachel Vincent
Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews
Undertow: Building Sanctuary by Moira Rogers
Styx's Storm by Lora Leigh
The Red Church by Scott Nicholson
Burial to Follow by Scott Nicholson
Intrigues by Mercedes Lackey
Troubled Waters by Sharon Shinn
Eternal Hunger by Laura Wright
Harvest Moon by Mercedes Lackey
Reno's Chance by Lora Leigh
Wolf Tracks by Vivian Arend


Most of the books I read this month were really good. My favorite Middle Grade book was Nightmare at the Book Fair by Dan Gutman. My favorite Young Adult book was Plain Kate by Erin Bow. My favorite adult book was Intrigues by Mercedes Lackey.

I also reviewed a book by my favorite author this month even though I read the ARC in August and again in September. The book came out in the middle of October. Check out my review of Cryoburn by Lois McMaster Bujold.


I added 80 books to my LibraryThing account including 23 books for my Kindle and 30 Young Adult books. Currently 63 are still marked TBR.


Note: The pumpkin picture was found at Flickr. It was posted by pictour_this with a Creative Commons license.

6 comments:

  1. Great month! Not one have I read.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/10/october-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better, Kathy! I'm looking forward to reading your review of Minder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome month, Kathy! Very inspiring....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This link is very useful to every body. very nice posting

    Regarding.
    Desktop Strippers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy--
    I discovered your blog through the Book Bloggers Anonymous group on GoodReads, and had to comment on your Monthly Summary. I love it! I do something similar on a weekly basis on my blog (The Book Frog) which I call my Reading Roundup. I post a Linky every week so that fellow bloggers can link to their best or favorite book-related post of the week...I'd love it if you were to link up some time!

    At any rate, you have a lovely blog here, and I'm now following you.

    Becky

    PS Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great list! I doubt I could find time to read this many books a month.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!