Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blog Hop on Nov. 5, 2010

Fridays are good days to make new friends. Jenn at Crazy-for-Books and Parajunkee at Parajunkee’s View both are offering opportunities to put your blog out there for others to see and to see other blogs too.



Check this post for the description and rules of Jenn’s blog hop. And check this post for the rules of Parajunkee’s Follow (My Book Blog) Friday.


Jenn also has a question of the week:

"What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?"


I am always disappointed when I lose followers. But I can understand. I know that I will go through my Google Reader occasionally and stop following blogs that haven't posted in a substantial amount of time. I will also stop following blogs that consistently review the kinds of books that I don't read or blogs that only review products.

Even with occasional weeding of the list, I still follow 607 blogs and add at least a few new ones every week. I try to comment when someone says something that strikes a chord with me. I can't possibly comment on everyone's blog or I wouldn't have time to read anything else. That would leave my own blog bare and neglected.

What are your thoughts on this topic? Stop at Crazy-for-Books and link up your blog. Also, please take a look around and see if my blog is one that you want to follow.
 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Hope you have a great weekend! Like you, I follow tons of blogs and can't comment on them all. I like visiting as many as I can though. But I try to balance blogging and living too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I found you through the hop. I'm a new follower. I hope you can check out my blog sometime!

    Have a great weekend!

    -Elena
    http://elenasbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, I saw your blog whilst at the hop and thought I'd stop by to say hello. Nice to meet you, I've enjoyed visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Hopping by!

    Check out my post over at Sparkling Reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy! Found you through the hop :) Have a fantastic weekend and it sounds like we have similar interests!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
    turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
    performance.

    On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
    such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
    over-the-top way.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There!

    I'm hopping by from the Blog Hop!

    I'm a new follower!

    Happy Reading :)

    - Mevurah

    http://theheartofdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just hopping on by! Wow 607 is quite a few...I figure I follow about 300 or so, and like you I try to comment whenever I have something interesting to say about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    Happy Friday! I'm just doing my rounds on the Blog Hop and Follow Friday. I also wanted you to know that I try to be a faithful follower and visit often. I hope you have a great weekend and Happy Reading!!

    I'm an new follower.

    Romance Book Junkies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blog hopping. I try to follow the blogs -even if I am not a follower, but lately I have been getting too scattered. Time to focus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great answers to the questions! I am new to you blog and think it is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found you through the Book Blogger Hop!

    Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!
    Ruthi
    http://ruthireads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!