Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (Nov. 15, 2010)

It's Monday, What are you reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey 
 
It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading?, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I had a good week but not a good reading week. My presentation to the school board on Monday night went well. And my road trip to the Cities on Thursday night was great. But both really cut into my reading time. 

I finished only three books this week.
I thought Play of Passion by Nalini Singh was excellent. I loved the romance and was intrigued by the politics of the world. I can't wait to see if the heroes manage to thwart the villains in the forthcoming books. My review is here.

I read Scourge by David H. Burton. This was a good middle grade steampunk adventure. My review is here.

I also read Wren Journeymage by Sherwood Smith which adds a fourth volume to the Wren series. This was a good finale. The review will be posted soon. I recommend it for those who remember the Wren series -- good middle grade heroic fantasies.

I just began reading Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. It is the sequel to Beautiful Creatures which was one of my favorite books from 2009. This is another young adult paranormal romance. 

Next week I plan to tackle some of the books that I have for review. I currently have quite a number in that group. I'll be trying to read the ones for the books that are being published in December.
My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent is the 4th in the Soul Screamers series. These a good young adult paranormals with an unusual main character. She is a banshee. This one is due out on Dec. 28.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Don Bruns is a humorous mystery. This one will be published on Dec. 6.

Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber is a young adult paranormal with a love triangle and werewolves. What could be better? This one is due out on Dec. 28.

If I manage to get all three read, maybe I can get to some of the ones I said I would read last week. 

What did you read? What's coming up for you? Leave a link and I'll be glad to pay you a visit. 



12 comments:

  1. You had a full week and another lined up. Have a wonderful week reading. My Monday can be found here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful looking books coming up Kathy.

    I listen to audio when I am traveling, I now find I prefer it to the radio, it s like reading and driving but much safer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh great line-up. I hope to get my review books done soon so I can read Beautiful Darkness. I loved Beautiful Creatures; definitely a favourite! Have a wonderful week and happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read your review of Sourge and think I would enjoy this too. I am also really wanting to read Once in a Full Moon. I look forward to your review. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff sounds fascinating...hope you enjoy all your books.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you had a great week and it looks like a good week coming up too! Its a rainy day here and I hope to get some reading done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received for review "Lodestone Book One: The Sea of Storms" by Mark Whiteway from the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only finished 3 too last week, think I am spending more time with my grandson and it is cutting into my reading time, but wouldn't want to spend a minute less with him, he is growing so fast!

    Happy Reading!!
    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. To counter balance the large number of academic journal articles I'm reading, I read a bunch of books off my wishlist. Here's what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Beautiful Darkness. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice choice reads you have coming up:) Here is mine:
    http://bookjunkiemom.blogspot.com/2010/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, I've had the Screamers books on my TBR list for awhile, can't wait to see what you think of the newest one!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!