Saturday, November 20, 2010

In My Mailbox (Nov. 21, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

Here is what I added to my stack this week.
Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card -- Ender's Game is one of my favorite science fiction books. I didn't care for the other Ender books nearly as much. However, this one is supposed to be a direct sequel. I am curious to know what happened to him right after the war.

Side Jobs by Jim Butcher -- I am a fan of the Harry Dresden books but not really a fan of short stories. When the price of this hardcover dropped from the initial release price, I decided that I needed this book to fill in some blanks.

The Anatomy of Ghosts by Andrew Taylor -- This is an unsolicited ARC. It sounds interesting and I plan to read it before publication date on Jan. 25, 2011.
I have to stop reading so many blogs. I added all of these because I saw them when I visited other people's mailbox posts. All of them are ebooks for my Kindle.

Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston was a free Kindle book. I like shifter stories and I like her writing style. This one was good. I read and reviewed it here.

The Wolven by Deborah LeBlanc is another shifter story. I loved the cover and thought the story sounded really interesting.

The Shifters by Alexandra Sokoloff is another shifter story with a great cover and a fascinating blurb.
When I was writing my review of Pack Challenge, I did some research on the author and found out that she also wrote under the name of G. A. Aiken. Her dragon series sounded good so I added it to my Kindle too. Dragon Actually is book 1. About a Dragon is book 2. What a Dragon Should Know is book 3. Last Dragon Standing is the recently publish book 4 in the series.

That was my week. What landed in your mailbox?


9 comments:

  1. Great mailbox this week! I really hope you enjoy Side Jobs! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you liked Pack Challenge, you'll love her dragon shifter books - hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy I do not know where to start, you have some of my favorite reading material up there! The Shifter books by LeBlanc and Sokolov of course are 2 and 3 in The Keeper series that started with the one I have already read by Heather Graham, hope you like them! Aiken pulled me in too with the Dragon series, however am waiting to get my copies in the books used from Paperback Swap if they become available...
    Happy reading!

    My Books this week


    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Dragon Actually waiting for me to read it. I picked it up after reading The Mane Event. Cracked me up and I love the alpha males. So yummy :-)


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to read more Shelley L books. I read the Mangus series and Pack is my favorite one.
    Oh my goodness.... I cant believe she writes under GA Aiken. I've been dying to read that dragon series for a while now!!=) Thank you for that tidbit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy you've got a great loot in the mailbox!

    PS I bought The Replacement and can't wait to break the spine! I owe it all to my envy of lusting for this book to YOU! ;)

    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1633596756/in-my-mailbox-mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kathy, thanks for stopping by at my blog!

    Your mailbox looks pretty neat too (:

    I've heard many good things about Jim Butcher, maybe I should check his books out soon.

    I can't wait to read Torment, if the book itself is as good as the cover I'm in for a treat! Stephen King is truly a master of horror, and they scare the shit out of me, but they are oh so good.

    Happy Reading!
    Celine @
    Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful IMM! Hope you enjoy your books!

    Happy Reading,
    Zakiya - My IMM this week

    Dont miss my new meme!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!