Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Adult and YA Teasers (Sept. 5, 2017)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser on Inside of a Dog:
"She's coming here again?"

"Yes, Donald. You may not like her books. I don't even like them all that much, although I don't object on principle the way you do. But lots of people love them. I'm happy to serve my customers."
--Body on Baker Street by Vicki Delany




Teaser on Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
I scramble to get the ring off my finger. The whole group is drawn into concentrated silence. That connection I felt earlier kicks back to life. I do my best to hold on to that link, and I imagine a stone. The thought physically leaves my brain. For a second I stare stupidly at my hands. What was I trying to do? And then the thought appears in the surface of the pitch-black metal. My ring shudders in my palm and molds itself into a marble.
--Nyxia by Scott Reintgen

1 comment:

  1. OOoh nice teasers! Both are new to me ones but I always love a good bookish teaser! And I've been seeing a lot of this second one lately! Cover is just gorgeous! Hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!