Monday, September 11, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Sept. 11, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading... 

After last week's bad news, this week was better. We had the materials dropped off on Friday for our new garage which seems like a good sign that a garage will be built soon. Also on Friday, we got a call from the people who will be repairing our wet basement saying that they were able to fit us in this Monday and Tuesday. We had been looking at October 11 & 12 as the soonest they would be able to do the job. After them, we have mold abatement to get done and then the house sale ought to be able to be accomplished. Once we close, I'm thinking of just holding the checks for a few days to be sure everything is okay this time.

Now, I would like to hear some good news about my townhouse. It has been back on the market for two weeks with only one showing.

We have had crisp, cool fall-like weather the past week with occasional thunderstorms to keep life interesting. As I'm writing this on Saturday morning, the sun is shining brightly and no rain is forecast for the next three or four days.

Read Last Week
Buried Heart by Kate Elliott - good ending to Court of Fives trilogy. Review will be posted on Ms. Martin Teaches Media Sept. 22.

Devils & Thieves by Jennifer Rush - begins a YA urban fantasy series. There was a little too much world building at the beginning but, once the action began, it was fast and furious. Cliffhanger ending. My review will be posted on Ms. Martin Teaches Media Sept. 25.
Enigma by Catherine Coulter - engaging thriller; latest in a long running series. Review on Inside of a Dog Sept. 27.

Secrets in Death by J. D. Robb - great episode in another long-running series. Review on Inside of a Dog Oct. 14.

Her Last Goodbye by Melinda Leigh - second in the Morgan Dane romantic suspense series. Realistic romance and creepy mystery. Review will be posted on Inside of a Dog Sept. 28.

Currently
Satellite by Nick Lake - YA science fiction. Publication date: Oct. 3.

Next Week
The Breathless by Tara Goedjen (Oct. 10)
Berserker by Emmy Laybourne (Oct. 10)
Death Overdue by Allison Brook (Oct. 10)
A Cajun Christmas Killing by Ellen Byron (Oct. 10)

Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
Body on Baker Street by Vicki Delany
All the Secret Places by Anna Carlisle

On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Nyxia by Scott Reintgen
Refuge for Masterminds by Kathleen Baldwin

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

New Review:
Best-Laid Plants by Marty Wingate (Oct. 17)
Last Chance by Gregg Hurwitz (Oct. 17)

New Purchases:
Secrets in Death by J. D. Robb
Technical Details by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller
Snowspelled by Stephanie Burgis
The Crosswick Journals by Madeleine L'Engle
Elite by Mercedes Lackey
Dante's Circle by Carrie Ann Ryan

What was your week like?



18 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are having apprehension about the house sale, but it's understandable! I'm hoping everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you got some good news, and hoping you get lots more good news this week! We are having beautiful fall weather this week too - love it! Happy Reading! Here's my list for this week: http://bit.ly/2wkGPoI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great books, Kathy.

    BODY ON BAKER STREET and ALL THE SECRET PLACES look good to me.

    I hope all the house stuff works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad there was better news this week! Secrets in Death is my #1 read for the month. Looking forward to Her Last Goodbye as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just approved for Death Overdue on NetGalley this morning. I usually don't do ghosts, but I can't resist a mystery set in a library!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her Last Goodbye looks like one I would enjoy...I have Book 1 in the series: Say You're Sorry.

    Hope all the house issues are resolved. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear things are going better with the house and that the workers are able to come and fix it sooner than expected. Fall weather has hit here as well, though its supposed to warm up for this week, so that's good. Looks like you've got another pile of great looking books to read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh nice! Those are some totally new to me ones! Though I am liking the looks of The Breathless! Looks nice and creepy! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books on your list. I have a few of those to read, too. Hope this is a good week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stack of books. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad things went better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! that's quite the week as far as books go! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fingers crossed about your house sale! I am sure this time it will be fine though. :)

    Body on Baker Street looks cute! I will have to add it to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm attracted to the cover of Refuge for Masterminds. Hope you have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Last Chance is one I need to get, since I read the Rains. And Satellite is on my list too, I have an ARC but just haven't gotten to it yet. Soon hopefully...

    I'm loving the fall weather.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope your buyers are able to extend their loan package for another closing date. Sorry you have had such hassles.
    Death Overdue and Cajun Christmas Killing are two I eyed at NetGalley. I like the cover of Snowspelled and have enjoyed Mercedes Lackey.
    Hope this is a better week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear this week was better. I hope everything gets resolved soon. I love seeing Robb's book on your list. I am way behind but I'm glad to see that you are still enjoying the series. I hope you have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love cozy mysteries! Enjoy your week :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!