Friday, September 8, 2017

Friday Memes: All the Secret Places by Anna Carlisle

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Gin Sullivan was having the strangest dream.
Friday 56:
Her instincts were telling her that the man had died much more recently than the protestors believed.
This week I am reading All the Secret Places by Anna Carlisle. It is the second Gin Sullivan mystery. I got the eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
Gin Sullivan is back in her small hometown of Trumbull, Pennsylvania on an extended leave from her job at the Chicago medical examiner’s office and rekindling an old flame with her high school sweetheart, Jake. Gin is readjusting to life at home when Jake receives harrowing news early one morning. The new housing development his construction firm is building has caught fire and underneath one of the burnt homes is a dead body.

When the body is identified as a man who may very well be the violent offender who terrified Gin’s childhood town years ago, the pool of suspects broadens and it becomes a greater challenge to pinpoint his killer. Gin is determined to unearth old demons, hers included, but soon finds some people will kill to keep them buried.

Small town secrets cast daunting shadows in All the Secret Places, Anna Carlisle’s riveting second Gin Sullivan mystery.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I love books about secrets and mysteries from the past. That was a great beginning, too, as I often have the strangest dreams. LOL.

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,

    I am left wondering if Gin's dream is related to the events of page 56, or if it is something totally unrelated - Definitely enough intrigue there to keep me reading on!

    It appears that although the books probably work quite well as stand alone stories, if I really want to get the most from the experience, I might need to go back and start reading from the first book in the series?

    Thanks for sharing and for the recommendation. You are obviously hooked on the series :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a book I would enjoy reading! I'm going to have to check this series out...great choice and thanks for visiting my 56 earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL THE SECRET PLACES sounds good.

    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a great thriller! This one definitely has some intriguing elements. I hope that you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good, Kathy! I enjoy a good mystery. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, this sounds great. Thanks for sharing and the visit.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!