Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday Memes: The Wicked Billionaire by Jackie Ashenden

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
If there was one thing that Lucas Tate fervently wished it was that wherever his father had gone to after he'd died it was Hell and that he was currently burning in it.
Friday 56:
"So, tell me the truth then. Why were you afraid of me last night?"

Jesus, he was relentless.
This week I am reading The Wicked Billionaire by Jackie Ashenden. I got this romance from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
The Tate Brothers were once orphans and they have been raised to do one thing only: protect what is theirs.

As a trained sniper and Navy SEAL, Lucas Tate found the courage to distance himself from the wealthy, wicked patriarch who adopted him. Instead, he’s devoted his life to the elite band of brothers from his unit. So when the widow of one of his former comrades finds herself in apparent danger, Lucas makes it his job to protect her against all enemies. . .and not let her out of his sights.

Grace Riley feels overwhelmed by Lucas's presence, but the cold-eyed marksman will do anything to keep her safe. Soon the special attention he pays her becomes a wild romantic distraction―one that troubles Grace, since Lucas was so close to her deceased husband. Still, how can she resist Lucas’s intense, ice-blue stare? All she knows is that a life without strong, passionate Lucas is one not worth living. Can Lucas can find a way to honor his former brother-in-arms by saving Grace. . .and loving her, too?

6 comments:

  1. Not my usual read, but I like the sound of it. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “SAY YOU’RE SORRY”

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds kind of interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an excellent read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting! Might have to check it out! Happy reading!
    Here's my Friday Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not really my type of read, but I hope you liking it!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!