Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Memes: Sleep Like a Baby by Charlaine Harris

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
I was standing at the backyard fence, watching the Herman twins (a) play with their dog, and (b) water their flowers. It was early in the morning, the only time of day it was tolerable for me to go outside in July in Georgia, since I was approximately as big as a rhinoceros.
Friday 56:
"I'm going to help her," I said, gathering myself to rise.

"You are not," Cathy told me. "You are not moving at all. You're no doctor. You're no nurse. You're fodder."
This week I am reading Sleep Like a Baby by Charlaine Harris. This is the most recent in the Aurora Teagarden mystery series. Here is the description from Amazon:
In Sleep Like a Baby, the latest installment of the #1 New York Times Bestselling Charlaine Harris’s Aurora Teagarden series, Robin and Aurora have finally begun their adventure in parenting. With newborn Sophie proving to be quite a handful, Roe’s mother pays for a partially trained nurse, Virginia Mitchell, to come help the new parents for a few weeks. Virginia proves to be especially helpful when Robin has to leave town for work and Roe is struck with a bad case of the flu.

One particularly stormy night, Roe wakes to hear her daughter crying and Virginia nowhere to be found. Roe's brother Philip helps her search the house and they happen upon a body outside… but it isn’t Virginia’s. Now, not only does she have a newborn to care for and a vulnerable new marriage to nurture, Roe also has to contend with a new puzzle -- who is this mystery woman dead in their backyard, and what happened to Virginia? This heart-pounding and exciting next installment of the Aurora Teagarden series will leave fans happy and hungry for more.

15 comments:

  1. I like the intro and I do like Page 56

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read Charlene Harris but hope to take a look sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must read this series! I've loved the televised episodes and couldn't believe I hadn't found the actual books yet. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “LITTLE FIRES EVERYWHERE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read her books, but my son loved them.

    I LOVE the TV show, Aurora Teagarden Mysteries which I think are based on this author's books. :)

    Thanks for sharing and for coming by my bog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the TV show version and it's so totally different from the book series so it's hard for me to get into the book series but I have read book one. I need to try more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read this series! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy,

    I only ever associate Charlaine with the 'Sookie Stackhouse' series, which doesn't appeal to me at all.

    It's a real shame that I have discovered the 'Aurora Teagarden' series just a bit too late I think, as I can't possibly see myself catching up to book 10 anytime soon!

    Thanks for sharing those great lines though, they made me smile :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been awhile since I've read any of Charlaine Harris' books. I need to check this series out!

    Here’s my Friday 56!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a great contemporary. I hope that you enjoy it. I will have to look for this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've fallen behind in the Aurora Teagarden series. I must catch up soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the first book in this series on my bookshelf. I forgot about it. Now I think I'll pull it down and try this series. I just love the covers for these books.

    My Friday 56 for From The Grave

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two people reading Charlaine Harris this week! :) I've only read the vampire novels so far.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm spotlighting the same author this week - what a coincidence! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definitely captured my attention! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So she's a rhinoceros and fodder? Is she fat or pregnant? Sounds like a book which doesn't take itself too seriously.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!