Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Adult and Young Adult Teasers (Sept. 12, 2017)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser on Inside of a Dog:
"I'd like to come," Cornelius said. His mouth was a thin firm line. His jaw muscles locked. His gaze was direct. I knew that look. I'd seen it before on Rogan, Leon, and my own father. It was the look of a male who'd made up his mind and would not allow logic, reason, or arguments to interfere with his chosen course of action.
- Wildfire by Ilona Andrews





Teaser on Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
"Miss Whitworth, here on business," I said, and wondered if I should send up a card, as one does when visiting for tea.

Apparently not. The doors opened, and I walked inside, where the butler gestured to a footman, who guided us to a small, plain room. There, a young man was lounging against a desk, trying to look important (but not doing a very good job of it.)
-- Murder, Magic, and What We Wore by Kelly Jones

6 comments:

  1. I'm liking both teasers. The second book sounds like it will have some humor.

    My TT from Last Chance Motel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great excerpts...and I want to know more. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “MY ABSOLUTE DARLING”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teasers! Got a chuckle out of the YA one! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard so many good things about Illona Andrews and that teaser is so funny! I'm not really a PNR reader though...

    Love the cover and title and of course teaser of the second book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not my usual read, but it seems fun enough. Hope you're enjoying. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!