Monday, September 25, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Sept. 25, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading...

This was a pretty ordinary week for the start of Fall. Air conditioning one day, heat the next. We are in a "hurry up and wait" phase with the Locust Street house sale. There are still a couple of things to do before we can close.

My townhouse in Eyota has made little progress. The realtor is planning an ad blitz and a couple of Open Houses to try to drum up some interest.

This coming week will see the electricians here to run power to the new garage. Otherwise the week should be quiet. My brother works through both lunch and dinner every day he works leaving it up to me to cook for myself and leave leftovers for him. He has Tuesday and Saturday off this week.

Read Last Week
Berserker by Emmy Laybourne - historical fantasy with magic. Entertaining. Review posted on October 6.

The Innocence Treatment by Ari Goelman - near future dsytopia. Excellent. Review posted on October 11.
A Cajun Christmas Killing by Ellen Byron - Christmas in Louisiana complete with murders. Review posted on October 5.

Death Overdue by Allison Brook - debut mystery with librarian as main character. Review posted on October 7.

The Painted Queen by Elizabeth Peters and Joan Hess - final Amelia Peabody mystery. Review posted on October 11.

Currently
Neogenesis by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller - eARC of newest Liaden Universe book. Publication date is Jan. 2, 2018 but I couldn't wait.

Next Week
Golden by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - TBR pile
Last Chance by Gregg Hurwitz - review stack
Best-Laid Plants by Marty Wingate - review stack
House of Shadows by Nicola Cornick - review stack
Mind Game by Iris Johansen - review stack

Reviews Posted

Reviewed on Inside of a Dog:
Archangel's Viper by Nalini Singh
Find Me by Tiffany Snow
The Hunt by Chloe Neill
Reviewed on Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Stolen Secrets by L. B. Schulman
Midnight Jewel by Richelle Mead
Buried Heart by Kate Elliott

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Adult Books:
Neogenesis by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller - eARC from Baen; most recent Liaden Universe book
Burned by Darkness by Alexandra Ivy - Kindle Daily Deal

YA books from Fierce Reads:
The Greed by Scott Bergstrom (Feb. 6)
Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann (Jan. 23)
Losing Leah by Tiffany King (March 20)
Pitch Dark by Courtney Alameda (Feb. 20)
Ink, Iron, and Glass by Gwendolyn Clare (Feb. 20)
White Rabbit by Caleb Roehrig (April 24)
YA book from NetGalley:
Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman (Feb. 27)

What was your week like?

16 comments:

  1. Golden and Ink, Iron and Glass both look beautiful! Will check them out.

    Have a good week :)

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - http://www.amysbookishlife.co.uk/2017/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to look into that Richelle Mead, I often like her work. I like the cover of Ink, Iron, and Glass

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many tempting titles! Enjoy....and good luck with all the house/condo sales.

    Here are
    MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. House of Shadows sold me at historical mystery. I love those. Great list and I'm so jealous you can read so much in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your books look so good! Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited about Tess of the Road - even if it is over 500 pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh nice ones! Those are pretty much new to me ones! Hope you enjoy your reads for the week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the cover for House of Shadow. I recognized a few books on your list as ones that my reviewer MK French read. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo Tess of the Road and Ink Iron and Glass both look good!

    This weather is crazy pants. I am ready to for some good ol' fall weather. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like retirement has been good to you, book wise anyway. You have read a lot of books! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so ready for cooler temperatures! My A/C is going out. I'm hoping to hold over to Spring before having to do something about it. If it would just cool down a bit outside...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will be posting my review of The Painted Queen soon. I hope your house sale / move is all wrapped up soon. Come see what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same here with weather. It's been HOT but the cooldown is coming. Berserker and Last Chance are two I'm interested in. I read the sampler of Berserker and was kinda pulled in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopefully your housing issues will be resolved soon. I understand about the cooling/heating issues. Hubby has vowed we will not turn on the heat yet. We'll see. The Innocence Treatment sound intriguing and I'll have to check it out. Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just borrowed an Elizabeth Peter's ebook from the library. Good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So far behind in responding to blog comments! I'm sorry! I hope that your weeks have been better and everything is resolved! I have Midnight Jewel on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!