Saturday, April 10, 2010

In My Mailbox (April 11, 2010)


The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This is what I got this week.



I added these books to my collection. I have already read them. While I was at Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Book Store I saw the signed, hardcover copy of a book that I love but only have in paperback. So I had to buy The Vor Game by Lois McMaster Bujold.

I also purchased a print copy of Soulless by Gail Carriger this week. I have it on my Kindle too.

I purchased Twilight the Graphic Novel by Stephenie Meyer with the intention of donating it to my HS Media Center after I read it. But I really enjoyed it and will be keeping it. I plan to add the book to my next HS book order to get a copy for my students to enjoy. My review is here.



The book signing was for Patricia Briggs. I got all of my books by her autographed (about 18 of them including the anthologies that also have a story by her). I bought a copy of Hunting Ground because I originally bought and read it on my Kindle.

While I was at Uncle Hugo's I also bought Mage in Black by Jaye Wells. The first book in the series Red-Headed Stepchild is already somewhere in my TBR stack.

I also got the latest in the Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher this week. Changes looks like it will be excellent. I have never been disappointed by a Jim Butcher book.



I read a really great review of Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean and decided to buy it this week too.

Lion's Heat by Lora Leigh has been on my wishlist since I first heard about it. It was published this week and I couldn't wait to buy it and add it to my TBR stack.

This is also the week that Changeless by Gail Carriger came out. I read it the day I got it because I had to know what came next for Alexia Tarabotti (now Lady Maccon.) It was a great story. My review is here.



These were free additions to my Kindle this week.

I chose two classics -- Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad and Black Beauty by Anna Sewell.

I also added two suspense titles -- The Real Enemy by Kathy Herman and The Dark Tide by Andrew Gross.



A friend has convinced me that I will love the books by Moira Rogers. I had already downloaded Crux: Southern Arcana Book 1 as a free book. Crossroads is the sequel to that book.

I really liked the blurbs for the Sanctuary series and so I bought Cry Sanctuary, Sanctuary Lost and Sanctuary's Price by her too.



I couldn't wait for my autographed paper copy of the latest Liaden book by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. I had to download it from Baen Books to my Kindle so that I could read Saltation immediately. My review is here.

I also bought Werewolf Sanctuary by Eva Gordon to get my weekly werewolf fix and Eternal Hunter by Cynthia Gordon just because. I loved the cover and the blurb sounded good too.

That was my week. What ended up on your TBR pile?


4 comments:

  1. Wow you got a great looking selection this week - I don't think I've actually read any of them but a few are ones I've had my eyes on so I'll have to watch out for your reviews :o) I hope you have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You received a lot of books this week! They all look pretty good. Glad to see you picked up Changes eh! I hope you had fun meeting Patricia Briggs! :) Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great list of books. I have to admit the Twilight graphic novel intrigues me although I'm not a big graphics novel fan.

    I love the Kindle freebies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy monkey. Thats a big list of books. You lucky thing!!! I picked up the Twilight graphic novel but I wasn't sure about it so I put it back on the shelf. Not too big on the graphics ones. Would love to know what you think

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!