Tuesday, April 6, 2010

W...W...W...Wednesday (April 7, 2010)


W...W...W... Wednesday is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Link your post in the comments to see what others are reading too.


To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions!…


What did you recently finish reading?
Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
  • Why I picked it up: I needed to read the next episode in the life of Mercy Thompson, auto mechanic and coyote shifter, before attending a book signing next Saturday.
  • What I liked: I loved the relationship between Adam and Mercy. I loved seeing more about Samuel as a wolf and as a man who is searching for meaning in his life.
  • What I didn't like: It was just too short! I wanted more.

What are you currently reading?
Saltation by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
  • Why I picked it up: I downloaded this to my Kindle because I couldn't wait until early May for my autographed copy to arrive. I wanted to know what was next for Theo Waitley
  • What I like: I like all the Liaden Universe books. I want to know how Theo goes on at piloting school and how she develops a problem that needs the Delm of Korval to solve.
  • What I don't like: Nothing. I have enjoyed everything so far.

What do you think you'll read next?
Changeless by Gail Carriger
  • Why I picked this up: It is the second book in the series. I really loved Soulless and was eager to find out what was next for Alexia Tarabotti and Lord Maccon.
  • What I expect to like: If it has even half the humor of the first book, this book will satisfy. I love the characters and the setting. Victorian steampunk paranormal is a genre that I could really learn to love.
  • What I expect not to like: I know that a book three is coming. I just hope that this volume reaches some sort of resolution and doesn't end with a cliff hanger.
I am currently in a sequels craze. I want to get caught up on series that I already know I love before moving on to something new.






 

1 comment:

  1. Although I'm not familiar with any of these series, the Gail Carriger books sounds really interesting. I'm new to that genre and I think I'm going to add these books to my list. Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!