Sunday, April 4, 2010

Review: Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

Silver Borne
Author: Patricia Briggs
Publication: Ace Hardcover; 1 edition (March 30, 2010)

Description: Coyote-shifting garage mechanic Mercedes Thompson, now mated to Adam, the Alpha of the local werewolf pack, embarks on her exciting fifth dark fantasy adventure (after 2009's bestselling Bone Crossed). Three subplots—Mercy's attempt to return a magical book to a fae friend-of-a-friend, her difficulties integrating into Adam's pack, and her roommate Samuel's misery over being a lone Alpha—come together seamlessly, and excitement builds as Mercy and her loved ones go through ever more intense experiences, including a house fire, a suicide attempt, a death sentence, and a reunion between long-ago loves. Briggs creates both well-rounded characters and a complex mythology, resulting in a rich read that's far more than a series of action adventures strung together. Fans of the series will be thrilled; new readers should start at the beginning or risk drowning in the immersive world-building.

My Thoughts: I couldn't put it down. The book was filled with non-stop adventure. While I love Mercy, my favorite character has to be Samuel. I so wanted him to find a reason to keep on living. It was fascinating to watch Mercy integrating into the wolf pack. The mythology is well developed in this series. It was fascinating to learn more about the fae. The whole series has been interesting to read and I eagerly look forward to Mercy's next adventures - but I do hope she has some downtime to recover and build her relationship with Adam.

Challenges: RYOB Reading Challenge

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on this. I just finished Bone Crossed this past week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!