Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 - Year of the TBR

I was planning to go challenge free this year and concentrate on reading my TBR mountain which has reached the overwhelming height of 1210 books. Subtracting the 189 young adult books in that tally leaves 1023 adult books on the stack.


Here is the view of the top of my entertainment center as of Dec. 22, 2011. These are mainly books that have arrived since the end of August. Older unread books are in baskets and crates in my office and on a variety of TBR bookshelves around my house.


But Rose City Reader alerted me to two challenges that I just can't pass up.
My Reader's Block is hosting the Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2012. Check her blog for all the details. Here are the Challenge Levels:
  • Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
  • Mt. Vancouver: Read 25 books from your TBR pile/s
  • Mt. Ararat: Read 40 books from your TBR piles/s
  • Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 50 books from your TBR pile/s
  • El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
  • Mt. Everest: Read 100+ books from your TBR pile/s
Not to overstretch myself, I am just signing up for the Mt. Vancouver level but am hoping to upgrade as the year goes on.
The second challenge I am signing up for is the Off the Shelf 2012 challenge hosted by Bookish Ardour. You can get all the details here


Challenge Levels

  1. Tempted– Choose 5 books to read
  2. Trying – Choose 15 books to read
  3. Making A Dint – Choose 30 books to read
  4. On A Roll – Choose 50 books to read
  5. Flying Off – Choose 75 books to read
  6. Hoarder – Choose between 76-135 books to read
  7. Buried – Choose between 136-200 books to read
Again, I am going to start small at the Make a Dint level (Shouldn't that be "dent"?) and hope to upgrade as the year goes on.


That is it for me. No more challenges! What challenges are you planning on joining in 2012?

2 comments:

  1. H Kathy! Thanks for visiting my blog! Actually, I've seen your Mount TBR in your other blog but not this one. I'm not familiar with most of the books here aside from Scorpio Races compared to your other pile. I recognize the names of the authors though! Hope you devour as much of these books as possible. Goodluck with our Tbr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't see many TBR piles bigger than my own! I own just over 1000 books, and my TBR pile is currently sitting at 653. Over the past few years it's gone steadily up, because I buy books faster than I can read them. Becoming a book blogger, and occasionally getting free books, did not help this! However, I'm learning to discipline myself in terms of my book buying, so I should be able to finish the pile before I die. :P Good luck with your challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!