Sunday, December 25, 2011

In My Mailbox (Dec. 25, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



Bunches of books arrived at my house this week (and I can't even blame Santa)! There were a number of interesting choices in the Kindle Free store this week that I just couldn't pass up even though I have no idea when I will get a chance to read them.


Here are the free ones (or, they were free when I got them):
Lock Down by Sean Black is the start of a new series described as "high concept, high octane conspiracy thrillers featuring former military bodyguard, Ryan Lock."

Deadlock by Sean Black is the second in that same series. 
Cutting Edge by Robert W. Walker is "the shattering new thriller introducing officer Lucas Stonecoat and psychiatrist Meredyth Sanger." I have an unread print copy of this one somewhere but the cost was right and it is more convenient on my Kindle.

The White Angel Murder by Victor Methos sounded like an interesting murder mystery.
Vampire Dreams by Robert W. Walker is this thriller writer's take on vampires. It sounded interesting. I am eager to see how he makes the transition from thriller to paranormal.

Ballistic by Paul Levine is a thriller with this premise: "A Nuclear Missile... A Band of Terrorists... And Only Two People Who Can Prevent Armageddon." Sounds like an exciting story.

Then I got a couple of review books from the Amazon Vine program:
Witchful Thinking by H. P. Mallory will be released on Feb. 28 and features the sassy, self-deprecating witch Jolie Wilkins. I haven't read this series yet but I have been meaning to. 

The Thorn and the Blossom by Theodora Goss sounds like it might be more of a curiosity than a book. It is a two-sided love story on accordion folded pages that has to be read from each side. I thought it sounded unique.

Of course, I had to buy a few books too. These books indicate the range of my reading tastes.
I bought Courier Run by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller for my Kindle. This is their version of their annual Christmas Chapbook and contains two short stories - Kin Ties and Guaranteed Delivery. I have already read the stories online but wanted to own a copy to keep. These are science fiction stories in the Liaden Universe.

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder is the first book in a new fantasy series. I am reading this one right now and loving it. 

Locked On by Tom Clancy is his latest and features Jack Ryan and Jack Ryan Jr. and a bunch of other characters from his long-running series. This is his usual long, complicated thriller. 

That was my haul for the week. What did you get?

BTW - Happy Holidays! May your day be filled with love and laughter!

5 comments:

  1. Great haul! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about the accordion book. Interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Touch of Power! I loooooooove Maria's books! Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day & Happy Holidays!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great holiday - my mailbox is going to get rather late as I am awaiting the library opening after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very curious to read the HP mallory series, it sounds so fun. Enjoy your reads!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!