Thursday, January 10, 2013

Book Review: A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

A Perfect Blood
Author: Kim Harrison
Publication: Harper Voyager; First Edition edition (February 21, 2012)

Description: Ritually murdered corpses are appearing across Cincinnati, terrifying amalgams of human and other.

Pulled in by the FIB to help investigate, former witch-turned-day-walking demon Rachel Morgan soon realizes a horrifying truth: others want to create their own demons, and to do so they need her blood.

She’s faced vampires, witches, werewolves, demons, and more—but this time Rachel’s toughest challenge might be humanity itself.

My Thoughts: In this tenth book in the Rachel Morgan series, Rachel has to come to terms with being a demon. She begins the story in some  level of denial. She is still wearing the bracelets that Trent made her to hide her from the demons and which also keep her from doing most of the magic she knows. But when she is kidnapped by a human hate group that is doing experiments to find a way to destroy all paranormals, she knows that she has to come to terms with being all that she is.

What I especially liked about this episode was Rachel's changing relationship with Trent. She is tentatively sidling into a kind of friendship with him. We also get to see more of Trent and learn more about him. I liked Trent a lot in this story. The scenes with him interacting with his family were very humanizing and showed a side of him that we hadn't seen before.

As usual Rachel gets beaten and battered but ultimately succeeds in whatever mission is put before her. This one adds a secret group of men-who-don't-belong who are after the human hate group and who are working in extreme secrecy. 

Fans of the series will enjoy this story which has Rachel coming into her own and adjusting to changes in her life. 

Favorite Quote:
No wonder Trent thought I was brainless. He'd been trying to tell me, and I hadn't listened. I guess I hadn't watched the right movies to know that with ultimate power comes ultimate responsibility. My blood was power, and I had a responsibility to keep it safe—even if that meant I had to hurt someone in the short term.
I bought this one. You can buy your copy here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!