Sunday, January 20, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (Jan. 20, 2013)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews has a meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. Visit her site to check out the linky and see what everyone gets. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow.

This week I added 8 books to my stack. Four were books for review and four were purchased.

Review books:

I received two ebooks from Entangled Publishing. These are two new romances in their Bliss line. I got Luck of the Draw by Kelley Vitollo and Falling for Her Fiancé by Cindi Madsen. Both of these books were released on January 13.
Kendra Elliot asked me if I wanted to read Buried which is the third book in her Bone Secrets series. I had read the first two through Amazon Vine and really enjoyed them. This book will be released on March 26.

I am a big fan of Suzanne Brockmann and especially her Troubleshooters series. When I saw Headed for Trouble available at NetGalley I had to request it even though I am not a big fan of short stories. This book will be released on April 30.

Purchased:
 I am still having trouble resisting Amazon's Daily Kindle Deals. This week I bought Blood Maidens by Barbara Hambly for $1.99 after I checked my keepers shelves and found that I had the first two books in this vampire series on the shelf.

Faerie by Delle Jacobs was only $.99 and sounded intriguing with its combination of historical fiction and fantasy.
Smitten Image by Pam B. Morris combines magic with a futuristic setting and was also a $.99 deal for my Kindle.

Finally, I purchased Lucky Break by Kelley Vitollo for my Kindle because it is a companion story to Luck of the Draw which I will be reviewing soon. While not a $.99 Kindle book, I thought the $2.99 price was still a bargain.

I do consider it something of a win this week for my TBR pile because all of the books I bought are for my Kindle and are not being added to my over-crowded shelves. What did you add to your TBR stack this week?

1 comment:

  1. Kelley Vitollo's Shamrock Falls series is great! Can't wait to read Falling for Her Fiance!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!