Sunday, February 24, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Feb. 25, 2013)


It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

This week was a busy one with Parent Teacher Conferences on Monday and Tuesday evening and the Hubbs Children't Literature Conference on Saturday. I did get a chance to meet Jacqueline Woodson and David LaRochelle. They were both engaging speakers. And I got some books signed.

Here is what I read.
House Rules by Chloe Neill was from my TBR mountain. It is the latest in the Chicagoland Vampires series and was a great story. My review will be posted on March 7.

Dualed by Elsie Chapman was a young adult debut. It is a dystopic science fiction story. I liked it but it was a hard book to read because of the intense emotions of the main character. I kept having to put it down to take a break to regain my emotional balance. My review is here.

Necessity's Child by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller is a Liaden Universe book. I loved the story and seeing some of the characters from a different point of view. I really wanted to read it again after finishing it because I enjoyed the characters so much. My review will be posted on Feb. 28.
I am currently reading three young adult review books for a variety of reasons. 

I began The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd last week and then set it down to read Necessity's Child and House Rules

I began The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen last evening when I was out to dinner because I had my Kindle with me. 

I started Unremembered by Jessica Brody last night just before bedtime because I looked at my review calendar and notice it was slotted in before The Runaway King. I do plan to finish all of them this week.
The next two adult books on my review stack are Seven Kinds of Hell by Dana Cameron and Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman. The first book is urban fantasy and the second is a mystery. 

This week should be a better reading week because my calendar is empty except for a Technology meeting after school on Wednesday and a quick doctor's visit after school on Thursday.

What are you planning to read this week?

5 comments:

  1. My week was a bit slow as well. Some weeks are just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mix of books. Unremembered is on my wishlist, I've seen it on a couple of blogs this week. Enjoy your reads this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! Hearing a lot about Unremembered lately! Hope you enjoy all your reads!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just reviewed Runaway King on my blog! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!