Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (Feb. 17, 2013)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews has a meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. Visit her site to check out the linky and see what everyone gets. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow.

I had a very small week. Only two books were added to my stack.
Stone Maidens by Lloyd Devereux Richards was a Kindle Daily Deal in the Mystery category. Here is the description:
As the chief forensic anthropologist for the FBI’s Chicago field office, Christine Prusik has worked her fair share of bizarre cases. Yet this one trumps them all: a serial killer is strangling young women and dumping their bodies in the steep, forested ravines of southern Indiana. With each victim, the killer leaves a calling card: a stone figurine carved like the spirit stones found among the primitive tribes of Papua New Guinea—the same tribes from whom Prusik narrowly escaped a decade earlier while doing field research. The similarity is eerie and, frankly, terrifying; Prusik still carries the scars from the tribesmen’s attack. But is the connection real? Or have the dark details of Prusik’s nightmares finally wormed their way into her waking life? Displaying the expertise of a veteran writer, debut novelist Lloyd Devereux Richards skillfully builds layers of psychological suspense and terror into a compulsively readable whodunit.
I got Seven Kinds of Hell: A Fangborn Novel by Dana Cameron for review from Amazon. It is a from their 47North line which focuses on science fiction, fantasy, and horror. This is an eARC that was sent directly to my Kindle. I was invited to take part in a new Whispernet program which will send eARCs for review to my Kindle for both 47North and Montlake Romance.

Here is the blurb for Seven Kinds of Hell:
Archaeologist Zoe Miller has been running from a haunting secret her whole life. But when her cousin is abducted by a vicious Russian kidnapper, Zoe is left with only one option: to reveal herself.

Unknown to even her closest friends, Zoe is not entirely human. She’s a werewolf and a daughter of the “Fangborn,” a secretive race of werewolves, vampires, and oracles embroiled in an ancient war against evil.

To rescue her cousin, Zoe will be forced to renew family ties and pit her own supernatural abilities against the dark and nefarious foe. The hunt brings Zoe to the edge of her limits, and with the fate of humanity and the Fangborn in the balance, life will be decided by an artifact of world-ending power.
Don't they both sound good? What did you get?

7 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Haven't heard of these but hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven Kind of Hell sounds like something I need to buy.
    I received The Archived by Victoria Schwab, Ashes by Ilsa Bick, Between by Kerry Schafer and two detective/thrillers by Adler-Olsen. I also won 4 books, but those haven't arrived yet. All in all a great week bookwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They BOTH sound awesome! Stone Maidens especially! I look forward to seeing what you have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of either of these books before! Hope you enjoy them though!

    Check out my SP & STS.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool books! Thanks for coming by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Seven Kinds of Hell sounds right up my alley I'll keep my eye open for that one! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul!! Hope you enjoy them!!

    Thanx for visiting my StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!