Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Memes: Death Never Sleeps by E. J. Simon

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week I am spotlighting Death Never Sleeps by E. J. Simon. This was an unsolicited review book that sounded good. Here is the description of this July 19 release:
DO THE DEAD HAVE SMARTPHONES?

The problem with Alex Nicholas is that he won't stay dead.

Alex Nicholas was the consummate Queens bookie: fast cars and even faster women, and friends in all the wrong places. As an illegal sports betting and loan shark king in New York City, Alex was fearless-until the night his luck ran out and someone leveled the silver barrel of an automatic on him and pulled the trigger.

Michael Nicholas was everything his brother Alex was not: a powerful, married straight-arrow corporate CEO living the American Dream. Their two worlds collide when Michael discovers his brother's secret laptop.

As Michael crosses the globe to find his brother's murder, can he avoid his brother's fate? And can the information contained in the laptop help Alex reach out to help Michael-from beyond the grave.
Beginning:
Alex Nichols had often wondered what the last moments of his life would feel like.
Friday 56:
As Michael groped in the sudden darkness to find his cell, the stranger's voice let out a piercing, horrific laugh. It reverberated through the room. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice choice...hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/09/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an eerie beginning! Happy reading :)

    My Friday Book Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this sounds intense! I haven't read a good thriller in ages! Thanks for sharing, I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my usual read, but it does look tempting. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creepy... cover, laugh and all! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!