Sunday, September 1, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 2, 2013)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

On the personal front: The past week was filled with very long work days and extreme heat. I got home from work drained every day but have been able to catch up on energy and sleep the last couple of days. 

I think I am almost ready for my first classes to walk in on Tuesday morning. The things that aren't done are things I have no control over, i.e. did the school renew Accelerated Reader?, what password did the Tech guy use when setting up the 5th grade accounts? I need both answers before my first class comes in.

Last Week:
Death Never Sleeps by E. J. Simon was an unsolicited review book. It was a pretty good mystery but I didn't think the artificial intelligence plot worked very well. My review will be posted on September 7.

Deception Cove by Jayne Anne Krentz was a futuristic romance in the Rainshadow series. I love this author's work and know I can always count on an entertaining and satisfying romance. My review will be posted on October 9 but you can see what I think on Amazon, GoodReads, and LibraryThing now. 
Mister Max: The Book of Lost Things by Cynthia Voight was a book I picked up for review at ALA. It was historical fiction and tells the story of a young boy who has to survive after his parents disappear. Max solves problems for a variety of people but the larger mystery of what happened to his parents will have to wait for book 2 or book 3 in this middle grade series. My review will be posted on September 7.

Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts was an ARC I got from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. It follows three teenagers as the wait out the last week before a giant asteroid crashes into the Earth. My review will be posted on September 12.
She Can Scream by Melinda Leigh was one of my recent Amazon Vine picks. I enjoyed this romantic suspense title. My review will be posted on September 12.

Currently:
Next up on my stack is The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason. I got this ARC at ALA. I actually went looking for it because I had seen so many good reviews.

Next Week:
I got The Impersonator by Mary Miley through Minotaur Books' early reviewer program. It is a historical mystery which will be released on September 17.

I also recently got Omens by Kelley Armstrong and am eager to read this first book in a new series.
My two YA picks for the week are both ARCs I got at ALA. Each will be released on September 24. The Wolf Princess is by Cathryn Constable and Steelheart is by Brandon Sanderson.

What do you have planned for the coming week?

10 comments:

  1. You've got your reading so very well planned. I just go with the mood and what is available. I like it when its so well set out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omens is on my wish list! Good luck on your first day back at school!

    Enjoy your week :)
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh very nice! I LOVED The Clockwork Scarab! Managed to get an ARC at RT this year. It was an awesome read! Set some odd years after Victoria's adventures!

    And Omens was positively wonderful!! Loved Kelley's new world!

    The other books I haven't read, but I can safely say you're in for two GREAT reads!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see so many good and interesting books on your list that I am sure you are in for fun reading this week! Haven't personally read any but have more than half of your books on my wishlist. Enjoy and try to stay cool in the last few days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the covers on Mister Max and The Clockwork Scarab. Hope you have a great week!

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Jayne Castle series too. I just got Deception Cove. I hope you get the answers you need before your first class arrives! Have a great start to the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the first day of school - hope you get all the info you need in time for that first class!

    Enjoy your reading and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting list of books. Enjoy them!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed She Can Scream, too....and I'm thinking I need to pick up one of the Jayne Castle books. I've read several by Krentz.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got to try and get my hands on a copy of Omens and The Clockwork Scarab looks intriguing. Hope you can squeeze rest and reading into your busy work schedule.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!