Tuesday, November 20, 2018

First Paragraph/Teaser Tuesday: Fool's Moon by Diane A. S. Stuckart

Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posted the first paragraph of a book she is reading or planning to read. In 2018, Vicki from I'd Rather Be at the Beach is taking over this meme.

Here's mine:
"It's too hot! I can't breathe," Ophelia yowled. She lifted soft black paws to claw with desperation at the cardboard prison that trapped them. "We're good cats...the old woman always said that. So why did the man do this to us?"
 

Link up here. It is very easy to play along:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.
Here's mine:
"What would you suggest?" Ophelia snarked back at her. "If I could dial Ruby's cell phone, I guess I could put an ad in the newspaper. Oh, wait, no one reads the paper anymore. I guess I could post on that Facebooker thing humans like. Trying to find my brother. He looks like me except he's a boy. and his tail is shorter.
This week I am featuring a new cozy mystery from my review stack. Fool's Moon by Diane A. S. Stuckart begins the Tarot Cat Mystery series. Here is the description from Amazon:
Two tarot-savvy cats and their tenderhearted human outwit a cruel criminal in this animal-centric whodunit.

Most days, Ruby Sparks feels like the sign that says "Tarot Card Reader Extraordinaire" should say "Tarot Card Reader Fairly Competent." But as challenging as it is to take care of her half-sister's New Age shop―and her growing menagerie of enchanted pets―Ruby never worries that she's bitten off more than she can chew...until a customer wants her to divine the truth about a murder.

When her own life is threatened with a double dose of danger, Ruby begins to wonder if she's being played for a fool. Luckily, she has Ophelia and Brandon―sibling black cats with a talent for tarot―and a feisty pit bull friend who all lend a paw in collaring the culprit before Ruby finds herself taking her final cat nap.

8 comments:

  1. Hee hee! Nice teaser! Love that she calls it Facebooker!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad, I'd like to know why they were put in a box. I think I'd enjoy this book, and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cozies, but the opening paragraph is so sad. I get upset so easily when animals are in books. See what I'm featuring this week this at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good start to a new series. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!