Monday, November 12, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Nov. 12, 2018)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading...

Winter weather arrived in Duluth this week. We had snow on Thursday (but it was gone by Friday), Friday (and it is still lingering), and more is predicted for Saturday night into Sunday. None of it was bad enough to keep me from getting out to Curves and exercising. Though I didn't wander the grocery store to get extra steps after Curves on Friday since it was snowing pretty hard when I finished up and I wanted to get home before I'd have to scrape the windows - even though my snowbrush/scraper was already in the car.

I'm still bummed out by how early it gets dark each day. I really like daylight! I have been trying to find new things to watch on television now that the baseball season is over but mostly just watch Food Network, The Cooking Channel, HGTV, and the DIY Network besides The Voice. I know Midnight Texas has begun again and I should go to my On Demand and catch up on the episodes I've already missed. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Fire & Heist by Sarah Beth Durst (YA review; Dec. 4). My review will be posted on Nov. 28.
  • Sadie by Courtney Summers (YA TBR mountain) My review will be posted on Nov. 16.
  • A Moment in Crime by Amanda Allen (Review stack; Dec. 11) My review will be posted on Dec. 8.
  • Diamond Fire by Ilona Andrews - New arrival of pre-ordered novella. I reviewed this one on LibraryThing and Goodreads.
  • Bitten by Noelle Marie (YA TBR mountain since May 8, 2018. This free Kindle story was a YA werewolf story. My review will be posted on Nov. 19.
  • Serpentine by Laurell K. Hamilton - (TBR mountain). Latest in the Anita Blake series. My review will be posted on Nov. 24.
Currently
The Girl with the Dragon Heart by Stephanie Burgis is a middle grade fantasy.

Next Week
Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

TBR Mountain:
Review:
What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. The Girl With the dragon Heart looks amazing. Love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had snow yet, but there is talk of a bit on Thursday. I haven't driven in the snow with the new car yet, so I am a bit nervous. Will miss the assurance of my SUV.

    A Moment in Crime has been on my radar. Saw some of these others around recently too. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss going to Curves! They moved the gym in my neighborhood, and it was inconvenient to go to another one.

    Your books look tempting. Enjoy! I keep seeing Sadie and must add it to my stacks.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting group of books this week. I feel like it's getting dark very early here in FL, but sunset will be even earlier when we get back to central New York...sigh. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice! I've got to make time for Shades of Wicked soon! I hope soon at least! LOL! Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for exercising! I'll have to check out your review of Sadie on Friday. I'm curious since I've seen it on many blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our snow came and went, but will return. Not a fan of the early darkness either. Looking forward to Shades of Wickedness! Hope this week is full of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes...I don't like how it gets dark so early or the snow....too early for snow. Yuck.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog...enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m also not happy about the darkness. I live in a rural area with very few streetlights. Walking the dog in pitch blackness is not fun. I’ve been watching a lot of Food Network, too. I love all the Christmas and Thanksgiving shows. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The books on your list look good, especially the cozies. I don't like that it gets dark so early either. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have been getting some snow dustings lately, but nothing big. I don't like the darkness either. It's pitch black by 5pm. :( I love HGTV. Lol.

    Sadie looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snow here too, sadly. And cold! I like this time of year in general for the holidays, but I'm not crazy about the early dark either.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!