Friday, April 5, 2019

Friday Memes: Come and Get Me by August Norman

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
"I see the way you look at girls," his mother had said. "Like they're toys. Like you want to own them."
Friday 56:
They ran from Carol McGovern's door, got back in the truck, Mary at the wheel, Caitlin riding shotgun.

Mary pulled out, the spinning tires flinging mud into the air. "You sure we shouldn't call the police?"
This week I am reading Come and Get Me by August Norman. I got a review copy of this thriller from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
An intrepid journalist confronts a small town’s dark secrets in Come and Get Me, a breakneck thriller for fans of Tess Gerritsen and Julia Keller.

At Indiana University, someone’s been studying the female student body: their dating customs, nocturnal activities—and how long they can survive in captivity.

When award-winning journalist Caitlin Bergman is invited back to campus to receive an honorary degree, she finds an opportunity for a well-earned victory lap—and a chance to face the trauma that almost destroyed her as an undergrad. But her lap becomes an all-out race when a student begs her to probe an unsolved campus disappearance: Angela Chapman went out one Friday night and never came back.

To find the missing woman, Caitlin must join forces with a local police detective and the department that botched her own case so long ago. But while Caitlin follows the clues behind Angela’s disappearance, someone else is following her…

Unearthing secrets hidden beneath an idyllic Midwestern college town, Caitlin must expose what really happened to Angela—before she herself becomes the newest addition to a twisted collection.

10 comments:

  1. Very intriguing snippets, intense beginning!! I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His mother notices that he is a tetch? Good start. The Walk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This books seems interesting. Enjoy your current read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling they should have called the police. This sounds thrilling!

    My Friday 56 for Sit... Stay... Beg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, love the sound of this one. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a chilling thriller. I'm intrigued! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're enjoying your new thriller. Sounds quite chilling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like an exciting read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a thrilling synopsis. Hope this is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I might have to add this to my tbr. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!