Monday, April 29, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 29, 2019)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was another quiet week with a mix of warm days and rainy ones. I've been reading a lot and watching a lot of baseball.

This coming week looks like it will be heavy on blogging as I prepare my State of the Stack post and a report on what I read and what I bought in April.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Island of Glass by Nora Roberts (Mine) was a great conclusion to the Guardians Trilogy. My review will be posted on May 25.
  • Jewel of the Thames by Angela Misri (Mine) was an entertaining historical mystery starring the granddaughter of Sherlock Holmes. My review will be posted on July 2.
  • The Beyond by Chloe Neill (June 4) is the final book in the Devils Isle urban fantasy series and was a wonderful conclusion. My review will be posted on May 26.


  • The Right Sort of Man by Allison Montclair (June 4) was an excellent historical mystery set in London right after World War II. It had great characters and sparkling dialog. My review will be posted on May 28.
  • The Summer Country by Lauren Willig (June 4) was an epic family drama set on Barbados. My review will be posted on May 29.


  • Death in Kew Gardens by Jennifer Ashley (June 4) - This is the third Kat Holloway Victorian mystery and was a great story. My review will be posted on May 30.
  • A Liaden Universe Constellation IV by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller - This is the latest collection of previously published Liaden short works. I enjoyed most of the stories, most of which I had already read. My review will be posted on June 1.

DNF

  • The Soul of Power by Callie Bates (June 4) - This is the final book in a trilogy and I just didn't remember enough about the earlier books for this one to make sense. 

Currently


Next Week




Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:


SYNC:


Review:




What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your review of THE SUMMER COUNTRY. I always enjoy Lauren's books and the books the 3W's write together.

    Have fun putting together your State of the Stack post and what you read for April.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe that April is at an end. It seems like we are just leaving winter behind. Looking forward to your thoughs on The Summer Country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here w/ weather. It's been kinda nice and then we get rain. The Book Supremcy looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! Those are all new to me reads! I hope you enjoy your reads lined up for this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Constellations is on volume four? I've fallen behind! And I love the Sharing Knife books, so I'm glad to see your review. She recently self-published a story about Barr a few years later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also looking forward to The Last Call, and I'm drawn to The Book Supremacy. I need a good cozy right now.

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your books look so good. I really want to start the Kate Carlisle series. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great books here, Kathy. I could get in so much trouble if I added these to my list. Jewel of the Thames sounds really interesting, as does The Right Sort of Man. I've seen The Long Call on several blogs this week. Maybe that's a sign.

    Hope you have a great week. Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Lauren Willig in a while, but that Barbados book sounds good. I always like Kate Carlisle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Bibliophile Mystery series has been on my TBR list forever, but I’ve never quite got it, and now there are dozens. I hope you are enjoying it.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so frustrating to read a later book in a series but not be able to understand it. :( Sorry that happened to you with the trilogy. I like when authors can incorporate enough into each book to help readers understand, even if they haven't read any of the previous books. But I suppose that's difficult to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you didn't get the snow that went through.
    You have many good looking titles. The Right Sort of Man catches my eye.
    Happy Reading and blogging this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The historical mysteries and the book set in Barbados intrigue me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You read many books each week. I think you wouldn't have any trouble picking back up with the Newbery challenge. I made a nice list of the Newbery books this week for my own use in a Google Sheet, if you would like to use it. Let me know if you decide to pursue this as your Classics Challenge. I'd be happy to help if I can.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!