Friday, April 12, 2019

Friday Memes: The Curse of the Silver Pharaoh by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
If Verity Fitzroy were to die unceremoniously on the dark streets of London it would be riding high speed on the back of the latest scientific innovation.
Friday 56:
Verity stood outside the final class of the day, in a hallway that was far too crowded. Looking around she realised it was ten minutes until the instruction began but the area felt like Cheapside when a new shipment of rum came in.
This week I am spotlighting The Curse of the Silver Pharaoh by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris. This was a $.99 deal from Amazon. Here is the description from Amazon:
While Verity Fitzroy loses herself in magical mechanizations and fantastical science of London, she harbours secrets of the death of her parents, of a mystery she can't leave alone, and of her power over machinery that both excites and terrifies her. Verity is part of the Ministry Seven, street orphans that work for Agent Harrison Thorne of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences. Under his guidance, a whole new adventure begins for them all, investigating the strange, the unusual, and the bizarre.

When an Egyptologist from the British Museum is kidnapped, the only clue leads to the Delancy Academy, an elite school for gifted, young scientists. Now the Seven are called upon to go where Ministry agents cannot, and within the school Verity uncovers an ancient evil that could herald the end of the world.

The Seven set down a dangerous path of intrigue, mystery, and murder; and find that ancient curses are especially difficult to contend with when you have Chemistry assignments due the next day.

From the creators of the award-winning steampunk series comes a new adventure set in the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences universe.

12 comments:

  1. Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences sounds great! the setting is very exciting. It that series or stand -alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting my blog. I can always count on you to be a faithful commenter and participant in this Friday Activity. How's the weather. We hear the midwest got hit pretty hard this week. My review and quotes for SHOUT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like something I'd really enjoy. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I recognized Pip Ballantine's name. I've read one of the books from this series. This one also looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like one I'd enjoy! Ill add it to my TBR 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good one. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover really grabs me. Like the excerpts, too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fascinating. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds interesting and love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great deal. I hope you enjoy this one and your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds cool. I'm adding it to my tbr. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!