Monday, April 1, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 1, 2019)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was a quiet week. The sun has been shining and the snow melting leaving only the snow that was in drifts and snowplow ridges. I went out to exercise at Curves five times this week. I also went to a cousin's birthday party at Texas Roadhouse. I've been watching lots of baseball too.

This week was the time to set up my posts for May and choose which books I wanted to read from my TBR mountain. I also prepared my State of the Stack post about my review books. I added some review books that week that are late in series that I haven't read. I've been curious about the series and the authors and just hope that I can hop into a series without starting with book one.

Monthly Report

I read 30 books in March. Sixteen were mine and fourteen were from my Review stack. I read three from my TBR mountain (books I've had more than six months) and seven were rereads. Seven of the books were YAs. Those 30 books totaled 10,598 pages.

I added 26 books to my LibraryThing account in March. There are still 23 unread but fourteen are review books. I have also scheduled in all but two of the other books that are unread. One is a novella that I'll fit in when I have a little extra time and the final book is The Belles which was a Kindle Daily Deal. I need to wait until I'm in the mood for another YA Dark Fantasy before I schedule this one in.

LibraryThing tells me that I have 2149 in my To Read collection. These are books that I own in either print or Kindle versions. 1615 of these are Kindle books. I'm fairly sure that some of these are Kindle copies of books I read years ago but won't know for sure until I begin reading them again and they start to sound familiar.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop (mine) - reread for the umpteenth time.
  • Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop (mine) - reread for the umpteenth time
  • The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz (Mine - on TBR mountain since Jan 23, 2014) - Entertaining entry in the Sherlock Holmes body of work. My review will be posted on April 28.


  • The Drifter by Nick Petrie (mine) - First Peter Ash thriller. I had earlier read the most recent for review. My review will be posted on April 25.
  • Pit Perfect Murder by Renee George (mine) - Entertaining paranormal cozy mystery. My review will be posted on April 27.
  • Witchmark by C. L. Polk (mine) - Very entertaining mystery set in a fantasy world with magic. My review will be posted on April 21.


  • The Lovely and the Lost by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (YA Review; May 7) - I enjoyed this mystery so much that I ordered a Keeper copy for my Kindle. My review will be posted on May 1.
  • Read on Arrival by Nora Page (Review; May 7) - Fun cozy mystery with a librarian in her 70s as the main character. My review will be posted on April 30.

Currently

  • Below the Fold by R. G. Belsky (Review; May 7) - I'm trying a new author and publisher at Edelweiss and, so far, enjoying this mystery.

Next Week

  • Echo North by Joanna Ruth Meyer (YA; mine) - I'm a sucker for Beauty and the Beast retellings.
  • Monkeewrench by P. J. Tracy (mine since July 25, 2012) - I am going to read this whole series before September because I have newest on my September review stack. 
  • Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (YA Review; May 7)



Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:

  • Off the Grid by P. J. Tracy - Monkeewrench #6
  • The Sixth Idea by P. J. Tracy - Monkeewrench #7
  • Very Bad Deaths by Spider Robinson - a Kindle copy of a book that's been on TBR mountain since at least February of 2008

Review:




What was your week like?

13 comments:

  1. Lots of great books! The Kaylana Price series is on my TBR list.

    Have a great reading week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those cozy mysteries look great! I love to read cozy mysteries in spring and fall. :) And I love Texas Roadhouse. I ate sooo much of it when I was pregnant. Lol. Those rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I add to my wish list when I visit your blog. :) You had a great reading month in March. And what's this about May? I haven't even sorted out my April books yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Devouring Gray sounds like creepy fun and I think your review has convincd me to give that one a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow on your LibraryThing list.

    THE LOVELY AND THE LOST looks good.

    Thanks for sharing, and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh nice! I don't know why, but it always trips me up when I see two different books by two different authors with the same title! Lol. I keep seeing Jennifer's book around and think it's Page's book from some years back! Heehee.

    Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great March and now you have a great April lineup of books. I like how you are able to combine your reviews with TBR books. I need to learn to do that. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed by your 30 books read...and your five days at Curves! Go, Kathy!

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've preordered both Book Supremacy and Killer Edition. My weekly updates

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Read on Arrival from NetGalley. I liked the first book, so I have high hopes for this follow-up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have Witchmark to read. I look forward to your review. I have had heard good things about it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job on the exercising. I don't know how you have time for rereads. :-) I often look at later in the series books and wonder if I could hop in.
    I like the title The Pawful Truth.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is a great reading month :) Hope you find some fantastic reads in April :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!