Monday, June 15, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 15, 2020)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was a lazy week for me which was good because I read eight books including 4 audiobooks, 2 review books, one new addition to my book collection, and one book that I've had for almost 10 years. I didn't get out to walk much. I was too busy reading.

I did have to get up early one day to chauffeur my brother to his car dealership since he needed to bring his Prelude in because his window wasn't rolling up and down. Having to get up early wrecks me for a couple of days. I so seldom have to rise to an alarm these days. They had to order the part. So I'll be rising early again the day he needs to drop it off for repair. I am so not looking forward to that.

I don't think I left the house other than that one excursion. But I did stop at the grocery store after we took care of the car drop off and pick up. The grocery store run led to meals of chicken Parmesan, beef tenderloin steaks, and tomorrow beef stroganoff. Today it is homemade pizza topped with our homemade Italian sausage.

This coming week should also be quiet. I have a number of review books to read and I also want to keep listening to the Mercy Thompson series.

Solar

This has been a nicely sunny week but it is also cold. It is 11:15 Saturday morning as I'm writing this and the temperature is less than 50 degrees. We had a frost warning overnight! I don't know if we actually got frost where I live. My plants will just have to survive without coddling since they are all ornamental shrubs.
We have four days left in our billing cycle and only need to produce .06 MWh to beat last month's total. We should do that today. Now if the temperature should just get warmer...

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Open and Shut by David Rosenfelt (Mine since 9/15/2010) - This is the first Andy Carpenter mystery. I found it buried on TBR mountain. I liked it enough to get the next couple from Audible. My review will is linked below since I posted it last Saturday.
  • First Degree by David Rosenfelt (Audiobook, Mine) -- 2nd Andy Carpenter mystery has him trying to clear his girlfriend of murder charges. My review will be posted on July 9.
  • Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs (Audiobook, Mine) -- The 4th Mercy Thompson adventure has her dealing with the aftermath of her rape, her entry into the werewolf pack and mating bond with Adam, dealing with the vampires desire to kill her, and fighting the only vampire in Spokane. My review will be posted on July 14. 


  • The Mountains Wild by Sarah Stewart Taylor (June 23) - Entertaining mystery told in a number of flashbacks about a homicide detective going to Ireland to search for her cousin who has gone missing. My review will be posted on June 16.
  • Alpha Night by Nalini Singh (Mine) - This is the newest in the Psy-Changeling series and focuses on the romance between wolf Alpha Selenka and Arrow Ethan Night. Fast paced and engaging. I have both the Kindle and the audiobook. The first time I read it I read the Kindle so that I could see how all the Russian names were spelled. My review will be posted on June 27. 
  • The Finders by Jeffrey B. Burton (June 30) - New mystery stars dog trainer Mace Reid and his Human Remains Detection dog Vira and tells what happens when Mace and Vira attract a serial killer, My review will be posted on June 23.


  • Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs (Audiobook, Mine) -- The 5th Mercy Thompson adventure has Samuel trying to commit suicide, fae attacking Mercy to get back a book she was lent, and Adam fighting for control of his pack. My review will be posted on July 21.
  • River Marked by Patricia Briggs (Audiobook, Mine) -- The 6th Mercy Thompson adventure has Mercy and Adam on their honeymoon where they encounter a river demon and Mercy's father Coyote. My review will be posted on August 4.

Currently


Next Week



Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Kindle




Audiobooks








What was your week like?



15 comments:

  1. A great week for reading and books... and your meals sound wonderful, too! We had to take our car in for scheduled repairs a couple of weeks ago. I hate setting an alarm now that we're retired, lol! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting the alarm is a regular thing for me nowadays; either they bring the food on trays to the apartment, or we go to the dining room. That's it for the scheduled events.

    They do exercise classes, too, which I participated in today. My muscles needed the workout.

    Enjoy your reading...you got a lot done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW on eight books plus audios. That’s terrific.

    Busy week - your meals sound delicious.

    Have a good week, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a really great reading week! I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I liked Open and Shut on audio, but I never listened to more of the series! I have also fallen behind on the Mary Russell books by Laurie R. King. I tried listening to Storm Front several years ago because I thought it would be right up my alley, but I didn't get into it. Maybe I should try it again, but in print this time. I'm trying for a lazy week this week, as I go back to working in-person on a reduced schedule next week!
    My "It's Monday" post (late as usual) is here:
    http://baystatera.com/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-6-15-20-imwayr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh nice! Some new to me reads there. Some familiar too. Hope you enjoy this week's queue!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, our temps were low last week but warming up this week. Finally! Enjoy your books and audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I figured you must be getting some really cool weather since our temps dipped into the upper 60s at night last week. It was so pleasant here. Of course this week we are back in the lower 90s again.

    Normally I get up at 7 in the morning to walk or swim, but my sleep has been off since the Y is closed. We tend to walk at 9 or so, and it is usually getting into the 80s by then.

    I hope you have a great reading week this week, too! Wow. Eight books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to polish off some books last week. Lots of interesting books on your list this week. Outsider and Hometown Hero might need to go on my wish list. I've seen Riviera Gold so many places. Maybe it's a sign I should read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that was a lot of reading for the week. Alpha Night finally arrived at my door today so really looking forward to it. Only trouble is two other books arrived as well, both from favourite authors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great week of reading. Looking forward to Alpha Night and Outsider.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's how our life is right now, too. I usually only leave the house to go to the grocery store. My husband took our car to the dealership this past week, and it's one of the only places he's been in months!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Mercy Thompson series, although I think I am a book or two behind. A lazy week of reading sounds wonderful!!

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like Patricia Brigg's books, and I think they make great audiobooks. I tend to borrow them when making a long drive -- they are great companions on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah for more reading! Lucky on not having to get up with alarms, half the time, I start work at 6 am, so I definitely need an alarm then! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!