Monday, October 12, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Oct. 12, 2020)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading... 

This was a quiet week filled with lots and lots of baseball. In between games (or innings) I listened to audiobooks or switched to reading them on my Kindle. I like being able to switch back and forth. It is nice to see how words are spelled in the mostly fantasy books I'm reading. 

My Braves have advanced to the next round of playoffs and will face a really tough opponent in the Los Angeles Dodgers. They haven't faced the Dodgers yet this year because Covid had all the teams playing regionally. Can't get much farther apart than Atlanta and Los Angeles. There will be fewer games to watch this week as the number of teams participating has been cut in half. Hopefully, I'll be able to read the ones I'm listing below.

I'm probably going to wander away from home to get a flu shot this coming week. I checked on Friday at the pharmacy where I refill my prescriptions to find that they had over 100 names on their waiting list. I think I'll try one of the pharmacies at Essentia where my doctors work to see if they can accommodate me sooner.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • The Bodies in the Library by Marty Wingate (Mine) - This contemporary cozy is told by the middle-aged curator of a private library housing first editions of mysteries written in the 1930s. When one of a group of fan-fic authors who meet in the library is found dead, Hayley has to discover the murderer to save the library's reputation. My review will be posted on October 20.
  • Cast in Courtlight by Michelle Sagara (Mine; Audiobook) - This is the second in the Epic Fantasy Chronicles of Elantra series. I combined reading and listening for this one. My review will be posted on December 8.
  • Monsters Among Us by Monica Rodden (Review; Oct. 27) - This YA thriller stars a young women dealing with being raped at a college party and then dealing with the murder of a young girl she acted as babysitter/nanny for. Engaging characters and a twisty plot kept me reading! My review will be posted on October 24.
  • Cast in Secret by Michelle Sagara (Mine; Audiobook) - This is the third book in the Chronicles of Elantra. I am really enjoying how the main character is growing and maturing. The series also has excellent worldbuilding. My review will be posted on December 15.
  • The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Mine) - This YA is full of puzzles and secrets as a young woman named Avery Grambs finds out she has inherited the multi-billions of Tobias Hawthorne effectively disinheriting his two daughters and four grandsons. Lots of twists and turns and a great main character. My review will be posted on October 27.
  • Cast in Fury by Michelle Sagara (Mine; Audiobook) - This is the fourth in the Chronicles of Elantra. My review will be posted on December 24.
Currently
  • A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley (Mine; Audiobook) - I've only read and listened to a bit of this but am already intrigued by the story and love the accents the narrator is using. 
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:
Review:
What was your week like?


16 comments:

  1. The cozy mysteries caught my eye! I'm going to look for The Bodies in the Library on audio. Good luck with the flu shot! I'm hoping to get mine tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a really varied selection of books. Though too many similar books and I start getting bored - even if they are well written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your Braves. I hope they do well in this round.

    Love the look of Bodies in the Library.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice variety of books to read.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog.
    Have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my flu shot last week; the pharmacy worked with our residence to arrange it.

    Enjoy your books and your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I got a flu shot myself on the first when my work was giving them out.

    Nice reading queue you got going! I just read Chloe's book last week! Hope you enjoy all your reads for the week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the Braves. My team didn't make it out of the ALDS. I'm sad but hoping it will give me more reading time. Have a great week and good luck to your team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck to the Braves. My team is out and their rivals are now gone, so I'm not as invested as I could be.

    I was afraid of flu shot shortages so I got mine a few weeks ago. Our local pharmacy was almost out by then. My doctor's office was closed or I would have gotten it there.

    Great books this week. The Bodies in the Library and Murder on Cold Street still look good to me. The Bright and Breaking Sea sounds interesting.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2020/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-oct-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to the Braves!

    The Inheritance Games has really been catching my eye lately.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought of alternating between reading and listening to a book. I have A Desperate Fortune on my bookshelf. I'd like to read it soon. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got my flu shot a few weeks ago.

    I hope you can get one.

    Many good books here...enjoy, and happy reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Susanna Kearsley's books but I have never listened to one on audio!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your flu shot. and with the baseball as well! Hope the Braves do well...

    I love the look of your reads, especially that Sherry Thomas one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to check out Lady Sherlock.

    I just got my flu shot (and a pneumonia shot) today. My arm is hurting for certain!

    Go Braves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is baseball still going on?? All of the sports are being played at the same time this year, and it's very confusing! ha ha Glad you are enjoying baseball.

    Looks like a wonderful variety of books for you this week - hope you are enjoying them!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. We don't get the flu shot for the general public until the 19th, but I'll be getting it as soon as I can. And sounds like a pretty good week. Since you said it had a great main character, I hope you enjoyed The Inheritance Games, I loved it, so I hope you did, too! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!