Monday, October 19, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Oct. 19, 2020)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading... 

Such a lovely Saturday morning! I woke up to snow this morning and it has been snowing all day. It looks like we have seen the last of summer but I do have some hopes that this snow won't stay and we'll have some more nice Fall days. I have some garden cleanup to do and hope for good weather to do it in.

This has been a week filled with baseball. I'm getting ready to watch my Braves play the Dodgers in an hour or so. By Monday when this is posted, the series will be decided. Hopefully, I'll be happy! The Braves just need to win one of the next two games.

I discovered Susanna Kearsley as a new favorite author this week when I listened to A Desperate Fortune. I checked my Kindle to find that I had a few other books by her that have been available to me since 2012 and 2014 when they were Kindle Daily Deals. I did add the Audible books this week for a couple more since I find that I enjoy both reading and listening to these books. 

This week should be mostly reading review books. I hope to finish the rest of my November releases. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley (Mine; Audiobook) -- My first by this author was an excellent dual timeline romance. I both listened to the audiobook and read this book on my Kindle. My review will be posted on October 31.
  • The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley (Mine; Audiobook) -- I liked my first Kearsley so much that I went looking for more to find out that I had purchased the Kindle version of this one in 2014. Since I enjoyed the combination of listening sometimes and reading sometimes, I just bought the audiobook. My review will be posted on November 3.
  • Absence of Mercy by S. M. Goodwin (Review; Nov. 10) -- This is a new series set in New York City in 1857. A British Lord is sent to help the police department learn more modern investigative techniques and find himself in a city and police department rife with corruption as he tries to solve the murders of some prominent men. My review will be posted on November 7.
  • Cast in Silence by Michelle Sagara (Mine; audiobook) - This is the fifth in the Chronicles of Elantra Epic Fantasy series and was another entertaining adventure. My review will be posted on December 31.
Currently
  • Vanishing in the Haight by Max Tomlinson (Mine) is the first in the Colleen Hayes mystery series. Colleen is an ex-con who was imprisoned for murdering her husband who was abusing their daughter. Now she's out on patrol and living in San Francisco. She's trying to set herself up as a private investigator and is working on an interesting cold case. I have the second in the series on my Review Stack.
Next Week

I have a bunch of review books on my stack but will likely slide in a couple of audiobooks too.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
What was your week like?


12 comments:

  1. The Astros made it into the playoffs after a lackluster season. I hope your team won.

    Snow? Really? I've got the air conditioning on today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow already? I hope you enjoy your books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow starts early up there... just like it did in the area of NY where we used to live. Any time after October 15 I considered "fair game". Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got our first snow today in eastern SD. Not sure I'm ready for it yet, I love sitting on the patio with the neighbors. Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your Braves. What! Snow already, I hope it hold off for us for awhile. It is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Kearsley - my fav. author for sure. The Rose Garden is my fav. book by her. Will check out some of the other books you mentioned. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow! Yikes. Way too early for that. I hope it didn't last long...

    Love your books. I need to read some Huber.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am curious about Susanna Kearsley's books...and I'm eyeing Vanishing in the Haight.

    Enjoy your books and your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We got our first snow at the beginning of October, but luckily it melted quickly. I’m not ready for winter. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've been getting snow on and off for about a month. But sounds like a pretty good week, books and reading and otherwise! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh you have snow already!! I should not complain then... I enjoy reading Susanna Kearsley's novels. I loved Firebird but have yet to read A Desperate Fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love snow during the Christmas holidays when I can stay inside - not so much when I have to get to work! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!