Monday, January 25, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Jan. 25, 2021)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading... 

This was a quiet week at my house. I spent the whole day Wednesday watching the Inauguration of President Joseph R. Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris. I found it inspiring and hopeful. Otherwise, I decided to do my first 2021 reread of The Others series. 

I did go out and grocery shop twice last week. I'm pretty sure it was the first time in January that I actually left the house and drove my car. I didn't need much but I wanted an excuse to do some walking. I got a new step counter after my beloved Fitbit died and I've been walking so little that I was starting to feel guilty about my sloth. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • The Awakening by Nora Roberts (Audiobook) - Contemporary fantasy. First in a duology. Great worldbuilding and wonderfully descriptive writing. My review will be posted Feb. 11.
  • Written in Red by Anne Bishop (Audiobook) - First 2021 reread of my favorite series. This is book 1.
  • Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop (Audiobook) - First 2021 reread of my favorite series. This is book 2.
  • Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop (Audiobook) - First 2021 reread of my favorite series. This is book 3.
  • Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop (Audiobook) - First 2021 reread of my favorite series. This is book 4.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:
Review:
What was your week like?


19 comments:

  1. The Anne Bishop series looks really good. We watched some of the inauguration over here in the UK, it was so good to see a woman vice president being sworn in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some very nice looking books here.
    I agree with you on the inauguration. It gives me so much hope again. I love that we have Kamala Harris as VP also.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog! The Nalini Singh on your list looks especially interesting to me. Also the Dorothy Sayers and Aaron Elkins titles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed watching the Inauguration last week too! I cried quite a bit to see a woman Vice President at last. I've never read a Dorothy Sayers' book, but after all these years, I should probably pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, The Others series! I love her writing so much, I just read The Queen's Weapons from the Black Jewels series, and she's just a fantastic author! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was beyond thrilled with the Inauguration and that we now have "adults" in the WH!

    Enjoy your books, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have lots of good choices for reading. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to not reread. Just a personal preference. Thanks for stopping by!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the inauguration. I am hopeful that teetering that close to destruction with 45 will lead us toward working together more.

    Haha! Silence in the Library! Love it!

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We spent most of the day watching the inauguration, too. Such an inspiring, hopeful day! Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched the inauguration part where they got sworn in but that was pretty much it. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Others series. I was thinking of reading The Russian Cage next. I enjoyed the first two books in the series. Phantoms & Felonies and Silence in the Library both sound good. I will have to check those series out. I hope you enjoy your reading and have a great week, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to get my walking up, I've been sitting around too much. :) The inauguration was such a breath of fresh air...

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOoh nice! Do you know if Anne was planning on more Others book on the newer series? Kind of missing that world!

    Hope you enjoy your reads for the week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved watching the inauguration. It definitely felt inspiring. You have a great list of books. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, I don't think I've been in the grocery store for months--I do curbside pick up. My husband and I do still do our Costco run (because Costco is very strict with the covid protocols), but otherwise I've been a homebody for soooo long! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm looking forward to listening to more in the Others series. I don't know how you find time for rereads. :-)
    I need to walk more too. Maybe around the house and office since the only outings I have are to the bank and occasionally to the store for prescriptions. Hubby usually order Sam's delivery or Walmart curb pick up.
    Have a good week and enjoy all of your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven’t driven a car in months. I guess we’re saving a lot on gas, but I’m worried about going back to work. It’s a 45-minute commute each way! I don’t know if I can handle it. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you had a busy week reading. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!