Friday, May 14, 2021

Friday Memes: Amaryllis by Jayne Castle

 Happy Friday everybody!

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
"Damn it, I don't need a conscience, Miss Lark." Lucas Trent eyed the woman seated behind the desk with grim determination. "I need a security expert."
Friday 56:
"You think she'll bare her soul to you? Forget it. That's the dumbest idea I've heard in a month."
This week I'm spotlighting Amaryllis by Jayne Castle. This is a reread and first listen of an audiobook that is new to my TBR pile. I like the author's romances even though her science fiction is definitely on the light side. Here is the description from Amazon:
Acclaimed for her novels of "delectably entertaining paranormal romantic suspense" (Booklist), the wildly popular alter ego of best-selling author Jayne Ann Krentz takes off on a star-dusted excursion to a rich civilization where danger and passion are just a heartbeat away....

Amaryllis Lark is one of the best psychic detectives on St. Helen's, the Earth colony recently cut off from the mother planet, yet not so very different from home....

Lucas Trent, the rugged head of Lodestar Exploration, isn't keen on the prim type - and from her crisp business suit to her cool evaluation of his request to bust a corporate thief, beautiful Amaryllis is excruciatingly proper. 

But when a bold hunch heats up into a twisting murder investigation, by-the-book Amaryllis must let her guard down and break some rules - and a red-hot love affair ignites. Now, as they race to solve a puzzle of deadly intrigue, no power - otherworldly or otherwise - can keep them apart.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect weekend read! Hope you enjoy it Kathy and thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great excerpts! Enjoy the book, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beginning has me curious for more. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I detect a bit of wit in both those excerpts. I like it! I will have to look for this one and give it a try. Thank you for sharing! Have a great weekend, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by this author in such a long time. This one sounds really good. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even the genre paranormal romantic suspense is new to me! Thanks for the excerpts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle. She's a great storyteller.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!