Monday, May 3, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 3, 2021)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was another quiet week. While the weather was mostly gray and gloomy, at least it did not snow. In fact today the temperature is over 70 degrees and I went for a nice long walk. This is supposed to be the one good day for a while. I wanted to take advantage of it. 

I've been keeping myself busy listening to audiobooks, reading review books, and watching the Atlanta Braves play baseball. 

April Reading

I read 31 books in April including 10 audiobooks that totaled over 120 hours of listening. The total pages of print and audiobooks read was 9334. Nineteen of the books were mine including 10 rereads. I read 12 review books this month.

I added 44 books to my LibraryThing account including 12 new audiobooks and 17 new review books. Thirty-four of them are still on the TBR pile bringing the total TBR pile to 2305.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Reserved for Murder by Victoria Gilbert (Review; June 8) -- This cozy is set at a B&B which is hosting an author and her biggest fans for a week. When one of the fans is murdered, the proprietor and her next door neighbor who happens to be a retired spy are on the case. My review will be posted on June 1.
  • A Letter of Mary by Laurie R. King (Mine; Audiobook and Kindle) --This is the 3rd historical mystery starring Sherlock Holmes and his new wife Mary Russell. Great historical detail and interesting plot. I reviewed this one on LibraryThing and Goodreads since I had previously read and reviewed the print and Kindle versions.
  • The Haunting of the Desks by Allison Montclair (Mine) -- This novella adds some detail to the Sparks & Bainbridge historical mystery series. 
  • Bones of Hilo by Eric Redman (Review; June 8) -- This police procedural is set in Hawaii about 20 years ago. It had an awful lot of Hawaiian language and culture that sometimes obscured the plot for me. My review will be posted on June 2.
  • A Stranger in Town by Kelley Armstrong (Mine; Audiobook and Kindle) -- This is the 6th in the Rockton series. I enjoyed the mystery and the action in the story. My review will be posted on June 12.
  • The Art of Betrayal by Connie Berry (Review; June 8) -- This cozy stars Kate Hamilton who is an antiques dealer who stumbles onto mysteries. It was fun. My review will be posted on June 3.
  • Omens by Kelley Armstrong (Mine; Audiobook) -- This is the first in the Cainsville contemporary fantasy series filled with all kinds of folklore and a woman who is trying to prove that her parents are not serial killers. My review will be posted on July 6.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

New Review:
New Kindle:
New Audiobooks:

Audible:
Audible Plus:
What was your week like?

12 comments:

  1. We have been having the same kind of weather. Warm and then rain and then cold temperatures.

    I hope the weather makes up its mind soon. 😊

    Enjoy all of your books, and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the size of your TBR list made me feel a lot better! I'm glad you've had some good weather of late and I hope May is just as successful a reading month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great reading month! My months are not as good as they once were, but I am enjoying the books. Have a great May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was our day yesterday- it was beautiful. Warm today but cloudy. I still need to read Stranger in Town- I love rockton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did well in April. I hope May will be a good month for reading too.

    Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh nice! Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started Reserved for Murder this evening. I abandoned Deadly Edition by the same author because I just couldn't get into it, but hopefully I'll have better luck with this one! I did really enjoy the first in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a lot of the same books to read. I want to check out Kelly Armstrong's other series since I love Rockton. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read Orphan X several years ago. I remember it as a good, fast-paced thriller.

    I thought The Abduction of Pretty Penny was a book by Susanna Kearsley at first because the cover has a similar feel!

    I'll be curious to see what you think of The Wisteria Society of Lady Scoundrels. Who can resist a title like that?

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I miss watching baseball. A few years ago, we cut our cable and just stream and baseball is the one sport that is hard to watch doing that. We do get ESPN so we can watch games when they show them (and when it is on Fox), but we can't really follow our team. However, since "our team" is the Mariners, it is probably just as well that we can't watch it. - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could read as many books as you do! Shadowed Steel looks good. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah for no snow! And sounds like good stats for the month! And I hope you're enjoying Kelley Armstrong's books! I love her writing! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!