Saturday, May 1, 2021

Book Review: Wicked All Night by Jeaniene Frost

Wicked All Night

Author:
Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Rebel (Book 3)
Publication: Avon (February 23, 2021)

Description:  New York Times best-selling author Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress World, ancient deities are poised to wreak havoc, unless vampires Veritas and Ian can stop them…in this thrilling Night Rebel novel!

Veritas and Ian have finally defeated their worst enemy, but the power it took to pierce through to the netherworld has unexpected consequences. Soon, Veritas is forced to rely on the last person she trusts - a golden deity named Phanes, who seeks far more than a temporary alliance with the beautiful vampire.

Can unleash hell....

But an escape from the netherworld soon pits Veritas and Ian against supernatural beings seeking to rule over mortals once again. Now, they must rally friends and foes alike - if the vampire council doesn’t execute Veritas first. Plus, a wedge between Veritas and Ian threatens to destroy their love. Can they stand together against the unearthly powers about to be unleashed? Or does their love - and humanity - not stand a chance?

My Thoughts: Ian and Veritas are in hiding while Veritas tries to heal Ian. She isn't being successful but her semi-fiancé Phanes can pull the spell that is killing Ian from him. He wants her to come to his world for just one night as payment neglecting to mention that time travels differently in his world.

What seems like hours to her is weeks for Ian who comes to rescue her along with her demon half-brother Ashael. Phanes says that the only way their engagement can be broken is if her father breaks it. Unfortunately, he tells her, her father is locked in the netherworld and only Veritas is able to get him out.

Phanes was lying. He needed Veritas to open the way so that he could free some minor gods who have made promises to him. They are a god of ice and cold and a god of volcanoes. Once Veritas and Ian manage to get out of the netherworld, they need to find and return those gods to their proper imprisonment. 

Last time those gods got loose it took an alliance of vampires and ghouls to defeat them. It will take that again but Veritas is under death sentence from the vampire council and the vampires and the ghouls are closer to being at war than any kind of working together. 

Luckily, both Veritas and Ian have allies to call on include Vlad, Bones and Cat, and Mencheres. Veritas will have to get used to working as a team after 4000 years of being on her own. 

This was an entertaining story with lots of action. I liked that Veritas and Ian are getting better at their relationship which is nice since they are married. 

Favorite Quote:
"Leave me once to protect me, shame on you. Leave me twice, shame on me if I put up with it." His light tone didn't fool me. Diamonds weren't as hard as his gaze. "So, luv, let me be blunt: I will not be sidelined whenever you deem it dangerous, and then retrieved when you once again deem it is safe. That's not a partner. That's a pet, and I'm no one's bloody pet."
I bought this one. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!