Monday, December 27, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (December 27, 2021)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a quiet week. We had a nice Christmas. I got a couple of Amazon Gift Cards which are always useful. We also had a nice ham dinner and have lots of leftover ham to turn into a variety of recipes this week. 

I finished setting up my February calendar and have done all I can getting posts ready for posting. Now I just have to read the books and write the reviews. I also caught up posting reviews to Amazon for books from my review stack that have now been published. I have a few more to post by the end of the year since the books will be published this week. 

Having finished my January review books, I began reading February's and finished those being released February 1. My plans for next week include reading more February review books and slotting in some audiobooks too. Those might be rereads. I'm really tempted to listen to some books from the Liaden Universe. I also have quite a few audiobooks from Chirp and Audible that are tempting me too.

This looks like it could be a great reading week because we are expecting 9 - 12 inches of snow from Sunday night through most of Monday and then another snowstorm on Tuesday before the temperatures cool off going into the new year. I have no intention of leaving home this week. My brother works until 10 PM tonight and hopes to get home before the snow gets really bad. He starts work late morning tomorrow and will probably have to snow blow the driveway before he goes to work - and then again when he gets home from work. Tuesday is a day off for him -- but the grocery list is getting long!

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Every Secret Thing by Susanna Kearsley (Kindle and Audiobook) -- Another excellent story by Kearsley which seamlessly weaves the present and the past into an intriguing mystery. My review will be posted on January 25.
  • Never Look Back by Mary Burton (Kindle and Audiobook) -- Great mystery with two different serial killers. My review will be posted on January 27.
  • In the Serpent's Wake by Rachel Hartman (Review; February 1) -- Sequel to TESS OF THE ROAD. Interesting characters and great worldbuilding. My review will be posted on January 26.
  • Plan B by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook) - Reread
  • I Dare by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook) - Reread
  • The Christie Affair by Nina de Gramont (Review; February 1) -- Interesting reimagining of Agatha Christie's 10-day disappearance told by the Other Woman. My review will be posted January 27.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
  • Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman (Kindle) -- Keeper copy of book I reviewed some time ago and prequel to review book on my stack.
  • Someone Like You by Susan Mallery (Kindle and Audiobook) -- I made use of a $5 credit for a book by Susan Mallery. This one sounded good and began a series. 
What was your week like?

10 comments:

  1. Amazon gift cards are the perfect present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gift cards for books really are a great gift! I know some people don't like "exchanging" them, but when you pick the right store, it really is a thoughtful gift!

    Nice lineup! I'm looking to read The Deepest of Secrets around New Year's as I am trying to squeeze in a few more books to up my Goodreads game!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your week sounds good with tempting leftovers. Also being able to cozy up with books while the snow falls.

    Enjoy, and Happy New Year! Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have read a lit over the holidays! Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always so many good books and some that I like to read. Hmm another Susanna Kearsley, usually they are good on audio. Oh wow that sounds like so much snow. Just once I'd love to have that sense of being snowed in and all quiet and much reading done! I know for you though a bit of a hassle! But it is raining here today and they promise us thunder as well! Not the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love snowy days when I can sit and read. You are so organized with your reading and blogging. I'm getting better, but work makes it so tough sometimes.

    So many great looking books on your list this week. Hope you enjoy them all.

    Wishing you a new year filled with health and happiness.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2021/12/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_01340329284.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good Christmas for you. With so much snow on the way, reading sounds perfect. I'm glad you liked Little Girl Gone. It's next on my list to read. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a nice Christmas! Yikes that's a lot of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for a nice Christmas! And for a potentially big reading week, I hope you get it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope to plan out my posts for the next few months in rough outlines, but look at you...completely done through February! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!