Monday, August 15, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 15, 2022)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a quiet week. It was cooler than normal but sunny. We made lots of lovely solar energy. This next week doesn't look quite as nice, but maybe there will be some sunny patches. The temperatures do look pleasant.
Luckily, I don't have any outdoor activities planned for the coming week. I want to dig into my September review books now that the August ones are completed. 

I am almost finished with the prequel series to the Kris Longknife series. I plan to reread and review books two and three in the Kris Longknife series in September since I read them before 2008 and am sure I haven't reviewed them. Then I can read books four and five which are two of the remaining four books I added in 2008 but haven't read yet. I also have one more from the McKettrick series on the Added in 2008 pile and one anthology of Christmas stories by Nora Roberts. I plan to read all of them in September and finally finish that collection. Then I need to start on the books I added in 2009 but haven't read yet. If my bookkeeping is accurate there are 168 of those books. I'm pretty sure that a large number of them will go on the donate stack.

I only have eight review books releasing in September and two of them are actually on my August calendar since I like to post reviews the week before the books release. That leaves lots of open slots for books I choose to read from TBR mountain. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Death in the Sunshine by Steph Broadribb (Mine; Audiobook) -- Mystery solved by senior citizen retired police officers at their new home in The Homestead in Florida. My review will be posted on August 26.
  • McKettrick's Heart by Linda Lael Miller (Mine since 2007) -- This was an entertaining contemporary romance that sat on my TBR pile for way too many years. My review will be posted on August 25.
  • A Certain Darkness by Anna Lee Huber (Review; August 30) -- The sixth Verity Kent mystery set in the aftermath of the First World War was filled with political complexities. Great characters trying to rebuild their lives, but a very complex plot. My review will be posted on August 24.
  • They Also Serve by Mike Moscoe (Mike Shepherd) -- third in the Jump Universe series continues the stories of Ray, Mary, Trouble and Ruth. My review will be posted on August 30.
  • The Price of Peace by Mike Moscoe (Mike Shepherd) -- second in the Jump Universe series is classic space opera. My review will be posted on August 25.
  • To Do or Die by Mike Shepherd (Mine) -- fourth in the Jump Universe has lots of battles and political maneuvering. My review will be posted on September 6.
  • Rita Longknife: Enemy Unknown by Mike Shepherd -- fifth in the Jump Universe has Rita Longknife hunting missing ships and pirates and finding aliens. My review will be posted on September 8.
Currently
Next Week

These are the next ones on my Review stack. Other books, not yet chosen, will be read too to fill in my calendar.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your weather has cooled off. Ours has as well. I am a big fall person, so it is nice. I am sure we will have more hot days to come, but I will appreciate it while it lasts.

    So many great books on your list this week and so many pretty covers. Uneasy Lies the Crown, City of Fortune, and Back to the Garden caught my eye this week.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been cooler here too, a bit. I remember talking a long look at the Longknife series a while back... I almost tried that series.

    Station Eternity is one I'm really looking forward to '

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice mix of genres and of intense/cozy books, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you in already reading and reviewing your August books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the cooler weather here, too - ahhh! I was finally able to spend some time outdoors :)

    Good for you for being ahead on your reviews! I am still trying to catch up on mu July reviews! Good thing it's Big Book Summer, and I'm only finishing about 4 books a month (and I'm still behind).

    Great variety of books for you as usual! Hope you enjoy them this week -

    Sue
    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's nice for the weather! Our temps might be a tad lower than normal. It's under 90 for a few days, so that's a plus! But I can't be sure where the humidity will be at during the week, so it might not mean much at all! Lol.

    Nice lineup for the week! Those are new to me reads but I hope you enjoy them all!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some tempting titles, and I am especially drawn to the cute cozies. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great looking mysteries. Killers of A Certain Age has my attention. I have to check that one out. Enjoy your reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of great looking reads! I'm really looking forward to A Certain Darkness (it's on my "coming soon" list) in particular. Your list reminded me how much I enjoyed Laurie R King and Tasha Alexander - another couple of authors I need to catch up on! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for open reading slots on your calendar! I hope you love what you read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many books! Wow. I did like the Enola Holmes episode I saw on TV once. I think my sister-in-law is reading the series of books. Didn't know about them! Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love in the Time of Serial Killers looks good! So does Lucy on the Wild Side. :)

    One of my biggest house dreams is solar panels!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like dog mysteries like The Scent of Murder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah for reading the TBR mountain! And for most of the coming month's review reads being read! And I hope you enjoyed Killers of a Certain Age, I did! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!