Monday, August 22, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 22, 2022)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

It was a quiet, cool, and cloudy week. But the sun is shining brightly right now, and the temperature is 71 degrees F. Generally speaking, this year has been cloudier that any year since we installed our solar panels in June 2019 as seen by this chart.
We are going to need lots and lots of sunny days to catch up!

I did a little cooking this week. We had a Cheesy Chicken and Rice casserole recently that we both thought was a little bland and dry. We thought it could be good if we did a little tweaking. So I tweaked it by adding a can of Cream of Chicken soup and some Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning. It turned out to be really good this time and will become part of our rotation when wondering what to do with leftover rotisseries chicken.
Other than that, my week consisted of reading and watching Braves Baseball. I made good progress on my September review books. I have two and half September releases still to go to finish that bunch, I'm finding the main character of my current read very annoying but not enough to abandon the book. 

I met my original Goodreads goal this week. I increased it from 240 to 275 which still puts me 69 books ahead of schedule. Last year I read 379 books which might be a little high for this year - or maybe not.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Enola Holmes and the Elegant Escapade by Nancy Springer (Review; September 6) -- Latest Enola Holmes adventure has her helping a friend who is being held captive by her own father until she agrees to the husband of his choice. My review will be posted on August 30.
  • Rita Longknife: Enemy in Sight by Mike Shepherd (Mine) -- Old fashioned space opera with battles and aliens. My review will be posted on September 13.
  • Bound by Murder by Laura Gail Black (Review; September 6) -- Entertaining cozy mystery. My review will be posted on August 31.
  • Dewey Decimated by Allison Brook (Review; September 6) -- Sixth Haunted Library mystery includes renovations at the library which unearths a new ghost who happens to be Carrie's fiancé's uncle. My review will be posted on September 1.
  • Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn (Review; September 6) -- Great story about four female assassins who hit retirement age and whose employer wants them dead. My review will be posted on September 3.
  • Proof by Dick Francis (Audiobook) -- I recently got the audio for this one which is one of my favorite stories by Dick Francis. I was sucked in again and loved it. My review will be posted on September 8.
  • Back to the Garden by Laurie R. King (Review; September 6) -- King introduces a new character and a new historical period in this engaging mystery. My review will be posted on September 6. 
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

All Review books this week.
What was your week like?

13 comments:

  1. I've started Killers of a Certain Age and am intrigued by these elderly assassins, lol. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That casserole sounds pretty good, glad you guys were able to spice it up some. I love the look of the Raybourn book- looks like a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Killers of a Certain Age sounds really good. Also, your recipe sounds delicious. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The summer is when our energy bills go sky-high. In winter they drop to almost nothing.

    Congratulations on meeting and exceeding your Goodreads goal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on reaching your goodreads goal... and them some! I hope you have a very sunny late summer and fall so those solar panels can catch up to previous years output. I sometimes buy rotisserie chicken just to have leftovers, lol. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice! Those are all new to me reads! I hope you enjoy them all this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to make a cheesy chicken and rice casserole but the ingredients in your picture make me think that your recipe is probably better than mine.

    I had to take a look at the synopsis of Because I Could Not Stop for Death. A mystery featuring Emily Dickinson sounds intriguing.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We drove home in the rain today, so no sun for us either. Hope you are able to generate a good amount of electricity the rest of the month.

    I saw Killers of a Certain Age on a different blog this week. Because I Could Not Stop for Death and Three Can Keep A Secret also caught my eye.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today. Here's hoping you have a wonderful reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping for fewer cloudy days! And yeah for the tweaked recipe working! And I hope you enjoyed Killers of a Certain Age! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is great to tweak your cooking. It sounds like you were in for a delicious treat.

    Your books look good, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have so many amazing books - many I will be adding to my TBR list. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Back to the Garden and Because I Could Not Stop for Death both look good, I’ll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Killers of a Certain Age looks really good. I need to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!